Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Patients of Dr Wharton-Charleston S.C.

Posted by jack 
jack
Patients of Dr Wharton-Charleston S.C.
December 15, 2003 09:44PM
Would like to hear from anyone having had pva with Wharton(formerly he was at Duke medical center). Interested in your experience,as to sucess etc. Thanks
JRBabb
Re: Patients of Dr Wharton-Charleston S.C.
December 17, 2003 02:19PM
I met the guy, did a consult with Whorton, but decided on a Dr. Stites who is at Roper. For me he was the best, trained with Natel at Cleveland, been doing ablations since 1996
and he puts you completely out. (Which I liked)

Stites was referred to me by my doctor, who also has af.

JRBabb
Stan B.
December 17, 2003 02:25PM
I am going to have a PVI ablation with Dr. Wharton on Dec. 31. I did a lot of reading and research before deciding on Dr. Wharton, and I am convinced he is in the very top tier of EPs in the world who do ablations. Everyone I talked to, and everything I read, support this view. On everyone's list of the best doctors to see for PVI ablations the name of Dr. Wharton always appears. He enjoys an impeccable reputation as one of the best at what he does in the world. Everyone says this--authorities in California, the Midwest, the East, the South--everyone praises Dr. Wharton.

I have met with him several times and am impressed with how long he spends with each of his patients. I am also impressed with how obviously well informed he is about all aspects of atrial fibrillation and ablations. His level of expertise and caring is overhwelming to me. Also, and this is incredible, as busy and in demand as he is, he answers his own email from his patients! I have emailed him late at night, and within minutes I have received an answer!

He is very thorough. Not only does he do the new state of the art PVI ablation, but he also spends hours after the PVI looking for other sites that might have rogue cells that produce afib. Some doctors just do the pvi and that's it. Dr. Wharton does the pvi and then continues to look for other sites.

I have total confidence in him. I think you will, too.

I would like to hear your reactions to him so far.

Stan
Stan B.
December 17, 2003 03:13PM
Please also keep in mind the following:

1.) While Dr. Stites was trained by Dr. Natale at Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Wharton trained Dr. Natale.

2.) Dr. Wharton enjoys an international reputation as one of the best EPs in the world for ablations. No other doctor in SC has that type of international reputation for ablations.

3.) Dr. Wharton is one of the pioneers with ablations, and has been doing them long before 1996.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login