Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inflamation/vagal/eating

Posted by Elizabeth Hohloch 
Elizabeth Hohloch
Inflamation/vagal/eating
December 15, 2003 09:19AM
Hi All

I have't been on the board much as I drove from my home in Michigan to Florida, spending time with my daughter and grandaughter plus enjoying the weather.

I didn't get any afib while driving and didn't get any episodes until today. I was hungry and ate, it seemed like I had a hard time swallowing, needing water, then I felt anxious, getting palps, I went into afib around 4:00 p.m. My episodes always happen in the middle of the night, so this is very disconserting to me.

I took an asprin, small amt. of atenolol plus 225 mg. of Rythmol, I seem to be back into NSR after about an hour of fib.

I have a swelling on my chest--where your thymus gland is located (clavical/sterum), I had a CT scan over a year ago and was told that I have arthritis in that area. One night I was rubbing the area and went into afib, also that is the area that I feel the chocking sensation after eating.

I wasn't prescribed any meds for the arthritis, I take an asprin every day plus I have been drinking a cup of ginger tea (made with fresh ginger), also 2 grams of vit. C.

I am a little discouraged, I got away for a few months from a highly stressful situation. I was getting ready to go out when my afib hit me, I always felt at least in the daytime I was safe but that seems to no longer be true. I am back in NSR, but the rythmol makes me tried also upsets my stomach.

No one else seems to understand, this is the only place that others have the same trials and can relate, I am indeed pleased with this forum.

Liz I guess I no longer can say only vagal
JRBabb
Re: Inflamation/vagal/eating
December 17, 2003 02:14PM
Hope you are out of the Afib.

Babb
Richard
December 17, 2003 06:37PM
Liz,

I'm sorry to hear of your incident, but hope you're doing better now. Did they ever find a problem with your spleen. I have never heard of arthritis in the area you speak of, but I would highly suggest that you do a search on sulfur, the amino acid methionine, and arthritis. Are you supplementing and eating a nutritious diet?

Richard
kestra
December 18, 2003 04:49AM
Sorry to hear about your discouraging experience, Elizabeth. I know how frustrating it can be when you think you've got it figure out and taken care of!

I too have that swelling over that area and have for many years. I don't know what it is and have never really asked. Assumed it was something with my thyroid, although their traditional blood tests come back no problem (I don't believe them). I have other signs of underactive thyroid and think the afib is somehow related.

Arthritis in that area seems like a strange diagnosis to me. I'd suspect it's not that, but I'm not a doc.

Hang in there.

k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login