Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

doctor referral

Posted by vincent durso 
vincent durso
doctor referral
December 15, 2003 06:03AM
I live in the Boston, ma. area and would like to contact a cardiologist familiar with treating LAF. Does anyone have a referral recommendation or suggestion. Thanks for any help.
Carol
Re: doctor referral
December 15, 2003 08:00AM
The Arrhythmia Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital is the only place that I know of.

The arrythmia unit at Boston University Medical Center was unsatisfactory, as far as I was concerned.

Carol
Jeanne
December 15, 2003 08:02AM
Vincent,

I have had lone AF for twelve years and I have finally said enough. After months of research I have found Dr. Lawrence Epstein at Brigham's and Women's Hosp. He was recommended by a physician from Stanford Univ. who is pioneering radio frequency ablation methods.

I haven't met with him yet, my appointment is in January but I can let you know how it goes.

Jeanne
Elaine
December 15, 2003 08:20AM
Thanks Jeanne
I will be looking for a Dr in Boston as well. I'll be watching for your post in January.

Elaine
Buddy
December 16, 2003 12:59AM
I can recommend Dr. Peter Zimetbaum. He's the clinical director of the Cardiac Arrhythmia Service at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Bob Perry
March 17, 2004 12:50AM
Is your recommendation based on personel experience as well as a proceedure done at the hospital ??

Thanks, as I am also looking at an ablation,

Bob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login