Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need info on Ablation Doc

Posted by Kerry 
Kerry
Need info on Ablation Doc
December 04, 2003 12:42PM
Anybody have any info on or experience with Dr. Larry Chinitz
of NYU. He was recommended to a friend of mine for an ablation.
Sammy
Re: Need info on Ablation Doc
December 04, 2003 03:40PM
Kerry,I had a successful PVI/A with Dr. Chinitz in August of this year.What info would you like?
SHirley
December 04, 2003 04:20PM
Kerry, I have no info on Dr. Chinitz but I underwent ablation procedure Nov. 24. The procedure took 5 hrs. Came home next day. Started having palputations on Wed. which really upset me. Not bad ones but never the less they were there. Called my Dr. and he said he was not worried about that because heart needed a little time to get back to normal after surgery and having a-fib for 13 yrs. Today is Fri. Dec 5th and no palputations since Monday Dec.1st. Today is the best day I've had. I've felt more like my normal self and actually had some energy today. Ihope the the palputations never return. Guess time will tell. All in all surgery wasn't that bad.
Kerry
December 05, 2003 04:49AM
Sammy,

Thanks for your response. A very close friend of mine was recommended
to Chinitz for an ablation. If he could call you, it would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is kacker@nyc.rr.com. If this is not O.K., any
info you can supply would be greatly appreciated, i.e. the nature of the procedure, how many procedures has he performed, etc., etc.

thanks.
Sammy
December 06, 2003 12:26PM
Kerry,here are some highlights of my situation and the Chinitz connection.I was a mixed afibber(paroxysmal)46 years old when symptoms began.It got bad enough to put me in the ER this past May.I searched out Dr. Chinitz on my own and against the wishes of my EP(he recommended someone else) I had a PVI ablation with him in August.On the positive side, the procedure worked as I haven`t had any runs of AF since the ablation and as of 3 weeks ago I`m off all meds.On the negative side,the followup care is what I would call meager.If he`s looking for a Cleveland Clinic style situation forget it.At the time I went,Chinitz had performed at least 200 and maybe up to 300 ablations.I heard one number from the NP and another from someone on the staff when I had pre-surg testing.Either way,I thought it was a reasonable amount...I hope that helps a bit..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login