Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amiodoron and Ablation

Posted by Mike D. 
Mike D.
Amiodoron and Ablation
December 02, 2003 09:34AM
Dr. Natale advised me at my consultation that I had to be off amiodoron for 5 or 6 months before he would do the ablation. I went off the drug on October 1 and am now in persistent Afib. So if you are contemplating ablation and take amiodoron I would talk to your doctor about getting off the stuff fothwith. By the way I'm so glad to be off amiodoron, that it makes the constant Afib bearable.
Mike D.
Shirl
Re: Amiodoron and Ablation
December 02, 2003 10:12AM
Mike, what was your prescribed dose of amiodorone? Were you on 200 mgs a day?
Shirl J.
Mike D.
December 03, 2003 05:02AM
Shirl: Yes, 200mg. per day. It kept me in rhythm most of the time and when I went out I always self converted in 24 hours or so. So amiodoron does work. I had no side effects except sensitivity to sunlight. But I was on it for about 5 years and am glad to be off it. If you are taking amiodoron let me know if it helps your Afib.
Mike D.
Shirl
December 03, 2003 08:40AM
Mike: I started on ameodorine over two years ago. After my initial loading doces, I took 200 mg. per day for over a year. For the past six months I have taken 100 mg. a day. I have had no afib at all for the past20 months.
I have trouble with balance, and have little energy. I would love to stop, but I`m afraid to. My blood tests and x-ray have all been good. I at least have had a good "breather" from the spells of afib.
Shirl J.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login