Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fran (All) - ionotropic glutamate receptor subunits expressed by cardiac ganglia

Posted by Richard 
Fran and All,

It seems that you were trying to find info on glutamate within the heart, and although there's not much about this specific info, I thought you would find this study of interest.

The Glutamate Receptor Ion Channels

[pharmrev.aspetjournals.org]

This was also very interesting as it pertains to acetylcholine and nicotinic and muscarinic receptors.

Fine Tuning of Sympathetic Transmitter Release via Ionotropic and Metabotropic Presynaptic Receptors

[pharmrev.aspetjournals.org]

There is so much info at this link, I can't even begin to get through just reading the topics of research, but it's a good one.

Richard
Thanks Richard.

I did eventually find what I was looking for and posted it in a previous conference room - albeit in rats hearts. I will check these out presently and add to my knowledge. Just incase you find anymore - The computer I am using at the moment can't download Acrobat reader for the reason that it runs two windows programmes and one of the components needed it is only available on the Windows 2000 which is not compatible with the broadband connection and Windows XP I have been set up to use. As I am house sitting and this is not my computer I don't like to try to rectify it and run the risk of caputting someone elses computer. So if a PDF article is amongst this I won't get in.

There is so much research going on with glutamate recepetors and disease process I just can't understand why it is still allowed to be added to food. And why so many people think it is harmless.

Fran
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login