Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tambacor/Flec.

Posted by jack 
jack
Tambacor/Flec.
November 21, 2003 10:38AM
Since I have not had an afib in 4 months my Doc. has agreed that I can get off Tamabcor/Flec. Has anyone on the board done this and what was the step down procedure off this med. I currently take 100Mg twice a day and my Doc. said to drop 50Mg eevery 2 weeks. Has any one else done this and what did your Doc. recommend.

P.S. When I dropped the first 50Mg. I could tell a big difference in 3 days. I did not have the recurring headaches. I screwed up this morning and grabbed the wrong bottle and took a 100 Mg. dose instead of the 50. I am feeling it right now.
Re: Tambacor/Flec.
November 22, 2003 01:32AM
Jack - I was told to do as you are doing - wean down in dosage every couple of weeks, but my notches down were by 25 mg. rather than your 50. Folow your doctor's orders. Just don't do it in a hurry...if you can live with 50 well, then do that for a bit and then go down more.

Be sure to ask him what to do should afib flare up again, though, so you are prepared.

Good luck...let us know when you are Flec free and how it goes.

Jackie
Kent
Re: Tambacor/Flec.
November 22, 2003 01:21PM
My doctor had me quit cold turkey. I decided to go from 100mg to 50mg on my own and work myself down to zero. I now take Tambacor about twice a year, when I have an episode. I found my major culprits for my attacks to be caffine and chicken fried rice!!!!

I feel great off the tambacor.....good luck.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login