Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

magnesium glycinate sweet powder

Posted by Terry 
Terry
magnesium glycinate sweet powder
November 19, 2003 07:18AM
I haven't seen this mentioned before on the forum but I have been taking a magnesium glycinate supplement made by Kirkman. They call it Buffered Magnesium Glycinate Sweet Powder. It is specifically made for children, hence the sweetness for palatability.
It is Albion Mag. Glycinate sweetened with a small amount of sucralose and buffered with citric and adipic acid. Disslove it in water or fruit juice and it is easy to take. Each 1/2 teaspoon supplies 997 mg of mag. glycinatewhich is equivalent to 182 mg. of elemental magnesium. This is all it contains, none of the bad stuff.
It costs about $12 per tub and can be ordered from their website on line. It seems to work well for me and I would think that the absorbability should be very good.
Has anyone else been using this and is there anything to be concerned about?
Re: magnesium glycinate sweet powder
November 19, 2003 10:08AM
Terry - I have no experiece with this but it sounds okay - Albion's mag glycinate is also patented.

Thanks for this information. I know a person whose daughter is magnesium deficient and getting her to consume the amount of magnesium she needs daily is a huge chore. This could improve the situation greatly.

Thanks again. Jackie
Fran
November 20, 2003 04:45AM
For me the

Sucralose and citric acid would cause a problem. I've not heard of adipic acid (I'll do a search). It is the inactive ingredients like these that stop me from being able to take supplements - they just induce AF over time. Citric acid added to tinned veg and water will irritate my heart within half an hour to an hour with runs of ectopics.

Fran
J. Pisano
November 20, 2003 11:28AM
Terry,

For me personally, the sucralose would be a bad thing. I have posted recently of my troubles with sucralose, you can see older posts. Or search for sucralose. Sucralose is Cholrinated Sugar and has caused nerphrocalcification in rats (albeit, there is some controversy on this, but I'm convinced of it's bad effects) and is an exitotoxin which is able to cross the blood brain barrier and effects your nervous systems.

FWIW,

Joe
kestra
November 20, 2003 02:59PM
I use the Pure Encapsulations brand of mag. glycinate. All it says on the label is mag. glyc. and a little bit of Vit. C. It does taste sweet, but I assumed that was because it is the glycinate form, which is a natural sugar? I don't know.... would appreciate any thoughts.

k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login