Advanced

Reply to Richard Bismuth/Lithium

Posted by David S 
David S
Reply to Richard Bismuth/Lithium
November 14, 2003 02:19PM
Replying to Richard from11-13-03 post.

Bismuth, and Lithium,

Does a high test reading indicate to high an amount or is it that the body is not absorbing that item? Somebody told me that the hair is the last place for some minerals to be deposited. Other than excretion.

I have been taking a different Mg. and am starting to have some positive results. I am using an Australian “Natures Own” Magnesium Amino Acid Chelated 500 mg. to 100 mg, elemental Mg. per tab. I am taking three a day; one am, one noon, and one pm.

I do not eat big meals pm. time, 5 gm. Fish oil, 500 iu. vitamin E, one gm. Garlic. Still on the WW 2-2 ½ lt. a day. Still have a few ectopics and very short runs of AF in the early am. But it is getting less as the change of Mg. possibly doing its job!

As far as some of my hair analysis results. My being in the automotive trade for some forty-five years plus, getting my hands etc in oil and its by products (new and used) would any residual pollutants take there toll in the scheme of things? They have in the last ten years put on the front of workshop manuals “used oil can be censorious” a bit late for us oldies.

Also on the question you asked “does the lab wash hair samples?” the answer is no. I have to tell them my hair care habits and products used also.

Re my Ca. I have a little dairy, a little milk in green tea! Cheese about once a week but it is mostly Feta. My big failing is eggs, if you can call that a failing, for they are full of vitamins and high in protein. My naturopath has me on a Zone type of eating habit, 65 % protein, 25 % fat, 30 % carbohydrates. I am not over weight. My problem being the carbs and the wrong type of fats, I was a “bad carbo eater” to put it in sloppy terms. That has turned my system around as far as better stomach, gas etc. and my stools are getting better. (Floaters instead of sinkers!).

Richard 11-14-03 Here's some information that I have found:

Bismuth is non-toxic. It has the greatest increase in electrical resistance when it is placed in a magnetic field.
The high electrical resistance is a bit of a concern.
Bismuth in regards to zinc / phosphorus balance. Magnesium can be used to treat lithium overdose.
While calcium can be used to treat bismuth overdose. Of which David’s hair was high.
Both - bismuth and lithium - frequently test low in patients who suffer from low stomach acid levels and the Helicobacter Pylori bacterium,

I sleep on a magnetic underlay for sore and aching “mechanics back” would that answer or pose more questions?
On hair begs the question of, does high hair test mean “to much” or “not being absorbed”?
Also I was putting sea salt in my WW but stopped some three to four weeks ago when it did not look like it was helping with my AF. I have been on WW for over a year now. I also eat plenty of yoghurt for good bacterium.

The plot thickens, or is it just me that is getting thicker?

Stay well, David S vlaf 66yy. Regards David.
Richard
Re: Reply to Richard Bismuth/Lithium
November 15, 2003 02:49AM
David S.

That's funny :=))), that you remembered the floaters. As for you question about high bismuth in hair really meaning low in the body, I have to go on the fact that my hair levels of mercury were above the ref range (rr <1.1 result 1.5), and my packed red blood cell test showed above the ref. range, as well (rr <=10.6 result 19.8) with inside the cell, being even higher. The metal, tin, showed on hair, rr <0.3, result 0.1, but red blood cell showed rr <=0.8, result 1.7. My tin was elevated, but your's and Joe's showed within ref range.

I agree, that eggs are extremely important because of their nutritional content, but they are higher in Ca, so it will probably serve you well to take the chelated Mg. It seems that Mg is already helping you and that's great to hear.

You remember a while back, when you first presented your hair analysis, and you showed high in Mg, and my book said that higher results indicated low Mg within the body. Even though my hair showed my Mg level to be right on target, my packed red blood cell showed just a bit high, over the ref. range. Maybe when one is extremely over the ref range, such as yourself, that means one is excreting Mg too much for other reasons. I just don't know, esp. in light of Mg helping you.

As for your magnetic bed, how long have you been sleeping on it, and was it prior to your first AF experience?

The only thing that I could recommend for you David, is to take additional sulfur, by way of N-acetly-cysteine or alpha lipoic acid. The sulfur aminos are vital for carrying out the toxic metals. As you've probably already read, glutamate, cysteine, and glycine, together, form glutathione, which is the strongest antioxidant in the body. Oh, and don't forget the Vit. C and extra B complex, as they work with this pathway, as well, as many others.

Richard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login