Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. West's Revised AF Protocol

Posted by will 
will
Dr. West's Revised AF Protocol
November 14, 2003 11:23AM
Previously, I wrote that Dr. Bruce West's AF patients had very disappointing results using his Standard Process cardiac protocol. Recently he has found that many AF patients are helped by adding Standard Process Calcium Lactate to the cardiac protocol. (This product includes some magnesium.)

I can post the protocol if there's any interest.

-will
John S.
Re: Dr. West's Revised AF Protocol
November 15, 2003 12:05AM
I subscribe to Dr. west's newsletter and am aware of his protocol, esp. his recent recommendation to add Ca-Lactate. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has tried this. I believe the Ca/Mg ratio in Ca-Lactate is something like 5/1. This seems to run counter to the experience of many who post here.
will
November 15, 2003 08:06AM
Here's the Standard Process Calcium Lactate info:

[www.standardprocess.com]

There's also a link mentioning that calcium lactate is converted to calcium bicarbonate in one easy step while calcium carbonate requires a dozen or so steps.

Yes, the cal/mag ratio is 5 to 1--magnesium citrate is included to aid calcium uptake.

This protocol may raise some doubts as many of us have the understanding that calcium and sodium excite the cardiac cells which control heartbeat while magnesium and potassium have the opposite effect.

-will
Jerry
November 16, 2003 12:17AM
No interest from me in such a protocol. Calcium is overrated, and the effects on my heart make it clear that I don't need calcium. In fact, I know I'll be better off staying away from it, given its cardio-stimulating effects.
Carol
November 16, 2003 12:19AM
I second Jerry's post.
Carol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login