Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sucralose

Posted by J. Pisano 
J. Pisano
Sucralose
November 13, 2003 12:10AM
Hello friends,

Just a starter thead to ask your opinions about sucralose (SPLENDA). I have just realized that there is a quite a bit of it in Propel drinks (although not marked and marked ALL NATURAL). I started drinking propel a month or so before I had my first afib episode.

From what I gather, it is chlorinated sugar, which supposedly does not break down in your body. The sites I have been reading say that this actually is not true and breaks down into something called dichorlafructose which has not been studied in the body.

I do have to say that I have experienced some feelings of minor "not wellness" after drinking it. But continued to because I felt, at that time, it was not a bad thing and the drink was on appearence quite healthy with the addition of C and the B vitamins.

My new research has shown me that this is not the case and I have taken myself off of all sucralose as of today. It may not be the answer to the afib, but I certainly don't want to be putting this stuff in my system.

Joe
Richard
Re: Sucralose
November 13, 2003 12:49AM
Joe,

That's very odd that you experienced your first episode of AF after drinking Propel. Although I have never tried Spenda, it would be interesting to know if there is a possible link. Joe, I don't remember what your story is about yourself, but, if you don't mind, could you share any other symptons you may have had prior to AF, such as indigestion, headaches, meds you were taking, if any, including aspirin, indigestion remedies, etc. Anything. Also, what was your diet like.

Thank you,
Richard
J. Pisano
Re: Sucralose (Splenda Sweetner)
November 13, 2003 03:41AM
Just thought I would thow this in the subject for those who might not be interested in sucrolose. It is Splenda.

Joe
Re: Sucralose (Splenda Sweetner)
November 13, 2003 09:50AM
Joe -

Splenda is just another one of those nasty "natural" chemicals.the FDA is letting through at the expense of the unsuspecting public.

True it starts with basic sugar but processing it involves chlorinating sugar (sucrose). It chemically chages the structure of the sugar molecules by subsitituing three chlorine atoms for three hydroxyl groups.

We all know about the carcinogenic activity of chlorine. ...or should know.

Go to www.mercola.com/2000dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm

Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Knowledge is power. Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login