Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 Months

Posted by Sammy 
Sammy
3 Months
November 12, 2003 07:17PM
Hello my fellow arrythmatics.It`s been 3 months since my PVI/A and I thought I`d give one final update. I`m happy to report that I can now say without reservations that I have been cured of atrial fibrillation.It`s taken almost the full 3 months to get back to a comfortable place where I was sure that I had been cured.I had experienced spells of dizziness and other weird symptoms that have all finally disappeared.I occasionally have skipped beats and when laying down to sleep I`ll feel a minute or two of a benign type of flutter which goes away.I have weaned myself down to 25 mg of Toprol a day which I`m sure I`ll be able to eliminate within a month or so.My resting BPM has settled into the 55-60 range and I can now do aerobic activity without feeling dizzy. I just would like to let everyone in this forum(especially Hans) know how important this BB was to my getting better and getting my life back.I can`t seem to stop going to this site 3 or 4 times a day... For any new Afibbers who have stumbled onto this site,you`ve come to the right place.You wont find a better and more informative forum to learn about your heart as well as tons of info about nutrition and everything related to AF. Finally,I`d like you all to know that my success in beating AF was directly as a result of the skilled hands of Dr. Larry Chinitz and his NYU team..While not having the best after care,the procedure itself was enough to fix what was wrong.It seems that PVI even in it`s current state can mean cure to many people.Although the 80% success range might be high,I can now say that I`m one of the lucky ones who came out ok without any major setbacks after the ablation....So,although I`ll be checking in and posting from time to time,this is my final ablation update.Thanks again to this forum for the amazing help.......Sammy PS,good luck Bill....
Mike F. V42
Re: 3 Months
November 12, 2003 07:58PM
Best wishes for for a happy and AF-free future Sammy. DO be sure to drop in with an occasional post in the future.

Mike F.
J. Pisano
November 13, 2003 12:02AM
Sammy,

I am very happy for you and your outcome. May you continue to have good health and continue with the good health habits you have learned and to help us learn in the future.

All my best,

Joe
Pam
November 13, 2003 12:02AM
Sammy:
Congratulations!! You must feel so free. I do hope you will drop a line once in a while.

Best Regards,
Pam
Carol
November 13, 2003 02:34AM
Sammy,
I am truly happy for you and encouraged about the good results you obtained from the right hands. And I am envious, to say the least.

Just one thing - I really want to know not just the three month, but the long range results of ablation. Please, can you let us know on a regular basis how you are doing three months from now, a year from now?

Thank you.
Carol
Sammy
November 13, 2003 04:36AM
Carol,I`ll do that for the group and yourself....Gotta go learn songs for the weekend...Anybody remember"Paradise by the dashboard light"? I have to sing that one this weekend..A tough one to do....
Jeff
November 13, 2003 08:27AM
While being very pleased to hear of Sammy's cure, and of others who have gone for a surgical solution, could someone tell those of us across the pond what is the cost of such treatment. At a time when more Brits are going to India for surgery because (even after travel costs) it's still about one fifth of the cost of the same treatment in the UK. How long, I wonder before the Indians are offering ablations a la Cleveland?
November 13, 2003 09:57AM
Sammy - that's wonderful news and gives me the faith I need that I, too, will be reporting in three months that I'm cured.

Enjoy the rest of your life in NSR. Sincerely, Jackie
lorraine
November 13, 2003 12:05PM
Hi Jackie -

How nice to hear from you the day after your ablation! How are you feeling? Obviously well enough to be on the board! Welcome home and I hope you are enjoying a great sense of relief and not too much discomfort.

Lorraine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login