Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hawthorn Berry

Posted by Anthony B. 
Anthony B.
Hawthorn Berry
November 12, 2003 02:45PM
I have been reading up on Hawthorn berry. The biggest benefit from this herb comes from it's very rich bioflavonoid content which in turn strengthens artery walls and makes them more pliable.

What other positive effects does hawthorn have on the heart?

I take kyolic formula 103--

it is composed of:

vit E

Hawthorn

cayenne pepper

aged garlic extract

IS this a good supplement? I have been taking this formula ever since I was 27. im now 42.
Re: Hawthorn Berry
November 15, 2003 01:45AM
Anthony - Hawthorne is frequently recommended for heart support and especially with supplements for afib. Several doctors I've consulted with in the past and who use natural remedies have also recommended Hawthorne.

Since you seem to get along with it, it probably works for you; however, everytime I tried it, I experienced increased episodes of afib.

I presume you do have afib - and don't seem to make an association between the Hawthorne and afib activity?

I just mention it as a cautionary comment.... it's a good herb - I just couldn't take it.

Cayenne is very good for circulation. I do take that and have for years. Garlic enjoys the blood thinning benefit and circulation benefit as well. Again, I can't take that either.

Vitamin E is essential, but it should be in the form of tocotrienol. You can type that into www.mercola.com - the onsite search engine and learn about it. Kyolic produces a good product so if you are not affected adversely by Hawthorne and garlic... I'd say continue.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login