Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saffron seems to be helping Afib

Posted by Kenai 
Saffron seems to be helping Afib
November 27, 2020 10:20AM
I have been on Diltiazem and Metaprolol since 2014 when my Afib started. I agree with Dr. Joel Wallach that Afib is caused by nerves getting mashed with T-4 in your spine. I have been taking a long list of supplements for years. The side effect is no colds, flu or seasonal allergies.
I exercise regularly and am a non-smoker. I do need to lose 70 lbs though. Six five at 275 lbs.

The last week of October 2020, I got an extended Afib episode. My pulse was 150 or was 72 with pauses after 2-6 beats. I switched to Flecainide 50 mg sodium blocker morning and night and stopped the Metaprolol 25 mg beta blocker morn and eve. Everything was great for two weeks, then symptoms returned.

I started taking Saffron 20mg once in morning for vision improvement and my pulse went to normal. No pauses or tach.

I stopped drinking carbonated drinks. Bone Broth was added along with increased neck traction, back massage and increased Chiropractic care.
Non alcoholic beer did not help me.

Kenai
Re: Saffron seems to be helping Afib
November 27, 2020 12:34PM
There are mentions of saffron and afib in the literature, primarily in rabbits.
November 27, 2020 01:10PM
Kenai
I agree with Dr. Joel Wallach that Afib is caused by nerves getting mashed with T-4 in your spine.

I recently have wondered about this as a afib trigger as I seem to notice more off beats sitting in a certain position . Are there specific articles regarding this ?

Kenai
I started taking Saffron 20mg once in morning for vision improvement and my pulse went to normal. No pauses or tach

Are there any interactions with medications, specifically ones that affect blood pressure and anti coagulants?

Kenai
Non alcoholic beer did not help me.

I'm not sure of the point of this. Were you expecting that it would help or was it because it was the lack of alcohol didn't make a difference from regular beer?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2020 01:33PM by JDfiB.
December 17, 2020 07:48PM
According to WebMD saffron can interfere with blood thinners or BP medications. Check with a doctor.
March 18, 2022 12:27AM
I just began adding Saffron to our meals because Saffron increases testosterone because I'd read low testosterone can trigger Afib. Will study this more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login