Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Metopropol

Posted by Kleinkp 
Metopropol
November 24, 2020 10:12PM
I started taking (mid sept) metopropol few months after afibb ablation (June) to help with PVC's (7% burden). Intially it kept them under 500 or so daily. This last week PVC'S have pretty much disapeared maybe 2 that I have noticed.

Question is does metopropol increase in effectiveness over time or do you think more likely PVC'S reducing on their own?

Only thing that has changed is I have been using my new CPAP machine. Just recently tested and diagnosed with mild sleep apnea.

No afibb since ablation, knocking on woodsmiling smiley.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2020 10:40PM by Kleinkp.
Re: Metopropol
November 25, 2020 12:03AM
Nope, metoprolol is as effective on day 1 as it is on day 999. So that's good news, right? smiling smiley

I would probably credit the CPAP machine.
November 25, 2020 08:11AM
Good to hear! I know some of these meds take time to work. CPAP is a struggle, able to keep it in for about 6 hours a night, now I'm even more motivated.
November 26, 2020 01:58AM
Kleinkp
I started taking (mid sept) metopropol few months after afibb ablation (June) to help with PVC's (7% burden). Intially it kept them under 500 or so daily. This last week PVC'S have pretty much disapeared maybe 2 that I have noticed.

Question is does metopropol increase in effectiveness over time or do you think more likely PVC'S reducing on their own?

Only thing that has changed is I have been using my new CPAP machine. Just recently tested and diagnosed with mild sleep apnea.

No afibb since ablation, knocking on woodsmiling smiley.

Thanks!

After both ablations my PVCs (24/7) disappeared from another BB brand- Tenormin in three days cold turkey. They didn’t return. I was wearing my cpap pre and post ablations.
December 17, 2020 07:06PM
It was prescribed for me after the VA refused to take me off Hychlorothyazide which caused tachycardia. My heart felt like it was going to explode every time I had a bout of Afib. In fact, it made the Afib worse. I began using Dr. Stephen Sinatra's protocol and that helped a lot, especially the d-ribose. From what I've read about Metopropol it will either work, make the Afib worse or do nothing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login