Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fright and ectopic beats

Posted by susan.d 
Fright and ectopic beats
November 20, 2020 02:52PM
I’ve been in self isolation since March 16...except for ablation, four needed doctor’s appointments and 4 ecv at the Cath lab—not in the Er. I finally now am getting cabin fever and got out to buy materials I’ve postponed getting..

That said I’ve never entered a retail store because for some odd reason my white count never fully recovered from chemo I finished in 2015 and I feel with age and health I should take precautions.. Today was my first time. Getting my keys ready to leave I had a splitting headache and high BP. I took earlier a lisinopril and took 25mg Tenormin...just in case. Arriving at the stone store to buy 2 tons of rocks, I got really dizzy, I was holding on to cages of rocks every few feet and my hr went up 40 points to 108. I got some ectopic beats. Once I waited until the office was clear of customers to pay, I got real fright mode because there was no circulation in this pay hut. I knew it’s nonsense. I was wearing both a n95 plus a face shield but I couldn’t reason with my brain to cut it out, stop this nonsense...I’ll be fine.

I left the office and got back in my car. Took off my mask and shield and started the engine with the ac blowing on my face and waited 10 minutes for a truck that was blocking me to move. Hr dropped to 94.

I’m home now to a nsr 67 hr. Still got the massive headache. I got it at 7am from using my new very very heavy leaf blower, raking leaves and dragging the full can 280 feet to the street because it’s trash day. I was in a total sweat. Probably too much for me post ablation but I did it last week 30 minutes at a time and took a two hour break in between. I couldn’t today because I heard the trash trucks.

So I’m posting to say how one’s mind plays these absurd fright games and how it obviously pumped me up with adrenaline.

CA people don’t respect the mask and social distancing and unfortunately it’s a hotspot state. I hope I can get out of the house soon. I hope to be able to reassure my mind that I’m safe and cut it out with the mental drama.

Has this fright/adrenaline affected ectopic beats in any of you folks?
Re: Fright and ectopic beats
November 20, 2020 03:57PM
Christ ya...along with stress...not enough sleep....bad foods and more but for instant heart action what your suggesting is #1.....it would be surprising if anyone with this condition does not have a reaction with fright/adr....if one does not their condition is not to serious yet.
November 20, 2020 03:58PM
I would suppose stress is a common trigger eptopics for most anyone.

I work in a pretty stressful environment within the central Control room of a power plant.

It's not that way all the time but the times that it is more than makes up for the times that aren't.

Just yesterday I came in for my first 16 hrs following a 12 hr shift with 6 hrs off in-between. So my BP was already up. I rarely get headache's but do feel the pressure build.

So I'm sitting there and one of the other operators asked if I heard a noise. Next thing all the alarms on his unit start going off and we started losing equipment. Instantly I started throwing eptopics but only for about a minute when things calmed down.

These situations have also triggered afib.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2020 05:54PM by rocketritch.
November 20, 2020 04:37PM
Gosh! Stressful job! I had a business that required odd hours and stress that I could not make mistakes because it was my business and mistakes I don’t get paid. Every 3 months I worked 22 hours a day for 5-6 days in a row for publication deadlines with late faxes coming in 24/7 while having clients sitting behind me breathing down my neck watching me work as fast as I could on the computer—they were not sure how they want me to design the publication to utilize their own self gratification of self photos and kept saying make the picture of them bigger (while trying to not snicker and roll my eyes) , make him smaller, move the photo up 2mm...no, move it back down while I bit my tongue-customers are always right.. Three people would be taking 24 hour shift naps for the week while I worked continuously fueled by unlimited coke or Pepsi to stay alert. I’m really surprised I was in nsr. My brothers sudden death triggered my first af 4 years later but these Joker Joe’s breathing down my neck didn’t affect my health as much.

Your line of work is life or death decisions and important. No wonder you get af.
November 20, 2020 08:44PM
Susan - you're a tough one.

Get someone else to do the work around your house.

My dad fell after pulling down some branches from a tree after a storm. Really set him back.

Was probably a factor in his death (along with statins) as he lost a lot of muscle and balance rehabbing from the tree limb fall.

Besides how you going to get 2 tons of rock in your purse?
November 20, 2020 09:25PM
NLAMA. Not a purse, many buckets. I am getting the 2 tons delivered. My index ablation I had 3 tons of rocks and did it all by myself, stone by stone, bucket by bucket. It kills me but I hired a handyman to do the new stone job and build a fence. He starts Sunday. I emailed my np because today’s stunt gave me a 20 second run of >200 tachy this evening after carrying only 3 boards of lumber outside to paint. I’m not tough anymore. :-( I’m getting a holter mailed to me.
November 21, 2020 08:55AM
You are tough Susan.
November 22, 2020 07:15AM
susan.d
I’ve been in self isolation since March 16...except for ablation, four needed doctor’s appointments and 4 ecv at the Cath lab—not in the Er. I finally now am getting cabin fever and got out to buy materials I’ve postponed getting..

That said I’ve never entered a retail store because for some odd reason my white count never fully recovered from chemo I finished in 2015 and I feel with age and health I should take precautions.. Today was my first time. Getting my keys ready to leave I had a splitting headache and high BP. I took earlier a lisinopril and took 25mg Tenormin...just in case. Arriving at the stone store to buy 2 tons of rocks, I got really dizzy, I was holding on to cages of rocks every few feet and my hr went up 40 points to 108. I got some ectopic beats. Once I waited until the office was clear of customers to pay, I got real fright mode because there was no circulation in this pay hut. I knew it’s nonsense. I was wearing both a n95 plus a face shield but I couldn’t reason with my brain to cut it out, stop this nonsense...I’ll be fine.

I left the office and got back in my car. Took off my mask and shield and started the engine with the ac blowing on my face and waited 10 minutes for a truck that was blocking me to move. Hr dropped to 94.

I’m home now to a nsr 67 hr. Still got the massive headache. I got it at 7am from using my new very very heavy leaf blower, raking leaves and dragging the full can 280 feet to the street because it’s trash day. I was in a total sweat. Probably too much for me post ablation but I did it last week 30 minutes at a time and took a two hour break in between. I couldn’t today because I heard the trash trucks.

So I’m posting to say how one’s mind plays these absurd fright games and how it obviously pumped me up with adrenaline.

CA people don’t respect the mask and social distancing and unfortunately it’s a hotspot state. I hope I can get out of the house soon. I hope to be able to reassure my mind that I’m safe and cut it out with the mental drama.

Has this fright/adrenaline affected ectopic beats in any of you folks?

I can't say for fright, but certainly stress, and stressful situation, can see my heart 'kick off'. I used to hate getting the peak hour train home from work and as soon as I got into the station, got on the train, struggled to find a seat, my heart would go bezerk.

And when my marriage was going wrong earlier in the year, same thing. Stress, lack of sleep are both huge triggers for me. But then, when the ectopics kick in quite badly, that in turns stresses me out and things get even worse. So I can only imagine that getting a fright can be an instigator as well!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login