Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2020 bingo now complete - covid! (maybe)

2020 bingo now complete - covid! (maybe)
November 15, 2020 06:40PM
Despite working from home, taking every precaution, 6 negative covid tests, I am being told I have covid related pneumonia. ER did xrays and CT and despite a negative covid test in last 48 hours followed by isolation, they and my primary are convinced I have it.

Major question - they prescribed Azithromycin pak that can create vent fib and has some QT elongation. I won't take it until I hear from Dr N or his NP.

Azithromycin is a widely prescribed broad-spectrum macrolide used mainly for the treatment of respiratory and urinary tract bacterial infections. Concerns have been raised recently regarding its arrhythmogenic potential, a risk already known to be associated with the first marketed macrolide, erythromycin.1–6 Several case reports have described QT-interval prolongation,7–9 torsades de pointes10–12 and polymorphic ventricular tachycardia13 following use of azithromycin. Many observational studies have reported conflicting results about the association between azithromycin use and cardiovascular death.14–21 Because the known azithromycin-related cardiac events are related to QT-interval prolongation, torsades de pointes and ventricular arrhythmia,18,19

I am still in NSR and would prefer a drug that doesn't have heart rhythm effects.

Primary is about to add ivermectin and I've seen lots of successful RCTs for ivermectin + doxycycline.

I have TMPRSS2 and endosomal inhibitors with EC90 levels in my toolbox.
Re: 2020 bingo now complete - covid! (maybe)
November 15, 2020 07:14PM
It gets worse - they also prescribed predisome at 20 mg TID .

PubMed - "A daily dose of at least 7.5 mg of prednisone equivalents was associated with a six-fold increase in risk of new onset atrial fibrillation"

They are trying to kill me.
November 15, 2020 08:08PM
So you have this now? And they are saying it's viral based not bacterial pneumonia then? Do your x-rays show ground-glass opacity?

I've taken zithro over the years as well as prednisone in 2018 when I was having back issues. Never had issues but never took them together or after a recent ablation. And with your run of luck I would be hesitant as well.

Did you try calling the on call at TCA. You should have a number in the packet they gave you when you were discharged.
November 15, 2020 08:39PM
predisome Never triggered my AF. I was in high doses too...if that’s helpful. But everyone is different.

My gosh! Covid19. I was very anal during my ablation because of covid19. I did by luck or God dodge covid19. I had pre approval from the hospital of a sign on my closed -at -all -times private hospital room door that said “no housekeeping and no food service personnel allowed” and the door is to remained closed. I brought my own food and had a bar fridge. Only RN, NP or MD with n95, face shield and gown were permitted. I also called prior to the admission the food services supervisor to inform her. She made a run to Whole Foods and bought all my yummy food from my provided list along with a new package of wipes. When I arrived into my room, the fridge was stocked.

I’m so sorry for your new iatrogenic issue. How are you feeling? May I suggest the following? It helped me get better in two days after having diagnosed bronchitis 5 days before a major surgery. Overnight my fever dropped and my lungs cleared....and I returned to get another X-ray and was good to go. This supplement was recommended by my GP. They use it in Japan as an alternative treatment for cancer because of its immune boosting properties.
[smile.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2020 08:41PM by susan.d.
November 15, 2020 09:03PM
Dr. Brownstein says if you have lung issues to use a Netulizer and his protocol it has greatly helped the people that have used it. He used to have his patients tell their stories on Video they all have said that they got better, Dr. B. did not say it was a cure but the gov. may him stop and took all of his videos off the net. I have posted the following on the Health section before all of the above happened: George N. had a post where one can find all of Dr. B's protocol, I don't have the URL, maybe George will see this and will post it, meanwhile the following could be helpful:

Does anyone ever use a nebulizer, Dr. B. says to do this along with his Vit. C, A, Iodine and Vit. D, protocol , the nebulizer helps the lungs.

Dr. B says:
With my patients, I have them nebulize Lugol’s 5% solution(Iodine). I tell them to put 1-2 drops of Lugol’s 5% in 3cc of normal saline and nebulize the mixture.

For hydrogen peroxide, food grade hydrogen peroxide should be used. We mix up a bag of normal saline and add hydrogen peroxide along with minerals. It is similar to the IV version that we infuse into patients.

My cousin, Jerimiah (who you will read about in my next blog), was experiencing shortness of breath and had flu-like symptoms. We were in a pinch since he was 200 miles away. In this case, I had his wife dilute food grade—35%–peroxide down to 3% using clean, sterile water. Then, 3cc of that diluted mixture was further diluted in 250 cc of normal saline. Finally, 3 cc of the saline-diluted mixture can be nebulized.

L
November 15, 2020 09:21PM
I had ECV on Tuesday. I sleep with O2 ring - O2 levels went down Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Had worst night of O2 score ever on Saturday night.

Good to hear others have taken these I can wait until tomorrow AM to see if Dr N will OK.

Wednesday

Wednesday by Mark Dandoy, on Flickr

Saturday

Saturday by Mark Dandoy, on Flickr

ER report

ice1 by Mark Dandoy, on Flickr

Bios

Ice2 by Mark Dandoy, on Flickr

Glucose was high as I ate right before going in. Non fasting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2020 09:24PM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
November 15, 2020 09:34PM
Per Liz's post, Brownstein's protocol is published in this July 2020 paper.

Mercola interviewed Brownstein about it here.

I originally cobbled together Brownstein's approach in March (before he published) and purchased everything I needed including an ozone generator, O2, nebulizer & etc. Have thankfully not had to use it.

Per the nebulizer - Brownstein's H2O2 protocol uses very dilute food grade H2O2, diluted with sterile normal saline solution.
November 15, 2020 09:36PM
I really am having bad luck this year. Honestly, Wednesday in NSR was the best I felt since the ablation. Yes - the term 'ground glass' was used in dialogue (pulmonary edema is classic cause) and I guess because of the lymphopenia they want to blame it on covid. As a note, I've been getting T injections so that might be related.
November 15, 2020 09:48PM
Thanks George:

i will print this out and keep it, hope i don't ever need to use it.
November 16, 2020 12:03AM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
Despite working from home, taking every precaution, 6 negative covid tests, I am being told I have covid related pneumonia. ER did xrays and CT and despite a negative covid test in last 48 hours followed by isolation, they and my primary are convinced I have it.

Major question - they prescribed Azithromycin pak that can create vent fib and has some QT elongation. I won't take it until I hear from Dr N or his NP.

[www.drugs.com]
Just mentioning if you are taking flecainide. Are you?...because they told me to stop my arrhythmia drug two weeks ago and our ablations were 6 days apart.
November 16, 2020 12:47AM
JHC! I got the ivermectin script and did a little investigation and found that IVM crosses the blood brain barrier when CCBs, (I am on 2) or glucocorticoids (suppose to start 1) are present. Normally not a problem because it does not readily cross the blood–brain barrier of mammals due to the presence of P-glycoprotein but....

The main concern is neurotoxicity, which in most mammalian species may manifest as central nervous system depression, and consequent ataxia, as might be expected from potentiation of inhibitory GABA-ergic synapses.

Since drugs that inhibit the enzyme CYP3A4 often also inhibit P-glycoprotein transport, the risk of increased absorption past the blood-brain barrier exists when ivermectin is administered along with other CYP3A4 inhibitors.

These drugs include statins, HIV protease inhibitors, many calcium channel blockers, lidocaine, the benzodiazepines, and glucocorticoids such as dexamethasone

Weak inhibitors of CYP3A4 include: cimetidine.

Moderate inhibitors of CYP3A4 include: amiodarone, erythromycin, fluconazole, miconazole, diltiazem, verapamil, delavirdine, amprenavir, fosamprenavir, conivaptan.

Strong inhibitors of CYP3A4 include: Clarithromycin, telithromycin, nefazodone, itraconazole, ketoconazole, atazanavir, darunavir, indinavir, lopinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, tipranavir.

This does not appear to be a complete list as it doesn't include any glucocorticiods

Inhibitors of CYP3A4 List of Medications EBM Consult by Mark Dandoy, on Flickr
November 16, 2020 01:11AM
Can you share the original link please? I had it and lost it.

I’ve been posting since 2004 about the CYP450 drug interactions. Thus I always take one drug at a time and wait until it passes at least a portion of its half-life and give my liver enzymes a chance to do it’s job. I had to stop multaq because it’s known to cause liver issues and my labs were too high for comfort.

For example of spacing out drugs to minimize inhibitors reactions — I used to take flecainide and Prilosec together and started to faint. I’m talking of falling backwards or forwards and waking up in blood puddles needing scalp stitches. I was so concerned and my cardiologist as well that he scheduled a tilt table test which unfortunately I was tested positive. My husband (pharmacist) was rolling his eyes and educated me about cyp3A4. So after that I waited 4 hours between flecainide and other drugs that share the same sub cyp family and I was good. I stopped fainting. Then during chemo I was told not to take arimidix near the time I took flecainide. He suggested to wait 6 hours . Same with statins.

My biggest pet peeve is drug administration when I was admitted. The RN would come with a cup of all my drugs and expected me to swallow them together. No way.
NLAMA, you just need to be aware not to take them close together. I know you are not on any statins so that’s one less drug to worry about interactions.
November 16, 2020 08:53AM
Susan - [www.ebmconsult.com]

Just had tele with Dr N - Ok to take these drugs - best to be cautious. He said QT not an issue for me but he wants EKGs sent to Shannon daily for his review for next 7 days while taking this course. They added lasix.

To clarify because someone pointed this out - Shannon is Dr N's NP in Austin and right hand woman.

I am not referring to Shan Dickson. And yes this confused me too early on.

Shannon = female working side by side with Dr N.

Shan = male running this forum

Johnny Cash = sang a song about this

SNL = did series based on Pat

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2020 06:10PM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
November 18, 2020 01:13PM
Got 2nd better test results back - not covid. Just bacterial pneumonia that is responding well to standard treatment. Lung xray yesterday shows as 'clear' while Sunday "looked really bad" per MD. Still in NSR and O2 levels 97-99%- 93% overnight avg.
November 18, 2020 04:22PM
Good news. Thanks for sharing
November 18, 2020 10:12PM
Glad your on the road to recovery.
November 19, 2020 08:41AM
Wonderful NLAMA!
November 19, 2020 10:48AM
Prednisone is completely causing haywire with BG levels - I've been fasting for 4 days and had a 258 !!! Normally would be 70s. I read case studies where people hit 900 BG on prednisone. Good thing I'm not eating.

Had best night of sleep in a week - nice flat 61 BPM avg overnight.

PS - my O2 ring does read 2% lower than others - so 92% avg overnight is actually 94%

Sp02 by Marky, on Flickr

EKGs from baseline and day 4 of meds.

Base and Day 4 by Marky, on Flickr
November 22, 2020 04:40PM
This guy had the same symptoms as I did.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login