Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RECENT ABLATION NOW NEED CARDIOVERSION. UGGGH!!!!

Posted by billyb 
RECENT ABLATION NOW NEED CARDIOVERSION. UGGGH!!!!
November 09, 2020 01:43PM
62 yrs. old. long hx of AFib. Ablation 2005 and 2nd ablation last week. Area around Pulmonary veins showed activity and Dr. is confident he reisolated the Pulmonary veins. Reduced Flecainide from 300 to 200 post procedure. AFib returned 2 days after procedure. Flecanide increased back up to 300 and still no conversion to NSR. Now scheduled for cardioversion.
Very frustrated. Dr. assures me that this course is not atypical and doesn't mean procedure was not a success.
Procedure done at U of Pa where they know what they are doing.
Anyone have similar experiences immediately post procedure?
Re: RECENT ABLATION NOW NEED CARDIOVERSION. UGGGH!!!!
November 09, 2020 02:06PM
Following my first ablation in 2009 I was against meds. About 3 days in I was out of rhythm and more than happy to go on flecainide for a while. Was on it for 6 months. The flecainide converted me and I stayed that way for the better part of 9 years.

I have had other experiences as well. I'll link to my thread as it's easier than writing it all out again. I will say that following my Third ablation in 2018 I had issues staying in rhythm until one day I didn't.

[www.afibbers.org]
November 09, 2020 04:11PM
Right there with Billy - going in for a shock tomorrow AM. Hope it sticks.
November 09, 2020 07:59PM
billyb
Anyone have similar experiences immediately post procedure?

Yes I have; it's not unusual. Like your doc said, it doesn't mean the procedure was a failure.
November 09, 2020 10:06PM
Day 6 post ablation on 6/10/20 got afibb episode about 30min while on Flecaniade. Been quiet ever since besides ever annoying ectopics.
November 11, 2020 01:28PM
Klein did you get ECV? I did - now 73 BPM and NSR
November 11, 2020 08:41PM
Between day 3 and day 12 after my ablation i had 6 episodes....thats 6 in 9 days...the worst period i ever had then it stopped except for 1 surprise ep. 1 month later then bliss....nov. 20th 2018 was my day....give it at least min. 6 weeks before starting to draw hard conclusions....everyone is different and every surgery is dif. so try to ride it out best you can being as positive as possible.
November 12, 2020 12:10PM
Thanks for all the kind words. Been out of NSR now for 4 straight days although my HR is getting lower. Cardioversion tomorrow so I hope I convert and stay in NSR!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login