Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After 10 days on Lasix,I yearn for better urine.

After 10 days on Lasix,I yearn for better urine.
September 18, 2020 11:40AM
As part of the ablation, I spent 10 days on Lasix and now off it more than 10 days, I feel like my peeing is disrupted - and even worse my sleep. Wednesday night I was up 5 times.

Day or night - I often pee and then feel the need to pee again 2 minutes later. I feel like I have to force my pee out where it used to be as simple as turning the faucet on and off. Peeing takes a little more time... just lots of pee issues.

Last night I took in less water after 3 PM and got some relief (only up 3x vs 5) but wondering if the lasix detrained a lifetime of normal peeing habits.

It's a real gift to go to bed and not have to wake up once to go pee.

Any tips or ideas? Thanks.
Re: After 10 days on Lasix,I yearn for better urine.
September 18, 2020 02:55PM
I do not know your age but I am almost 63 and many nights I get up 2x to pee.
Lasix is a strong loop Diuretic so maybe it will take a little while for your bladder finds it’s normalcy.
Why 10 days? I was given 3 Lasix pills by Dr. Natale and potassium pills. Within 2 daysI was back at my regular body weight. I have had 2 Ablations with Dr. Natale. Same both times.
September 18, 2020 04:12PM
I've never heard of Lasix having any sort of lasting effect on urination. I'd be really skeptical that Lasix has anything to do with it. You might want to see a urologist.
September 18, 2020 07:07PM
It was 10 days I guess because of the amount of fluid. I was in hospital for 6 days and was sent home with 4 more days worth of potassium and lasix.

While I did have some issues with peeing 2x a night and usually only 1 wake up - the procedure marked a turning point. On lasix continually while in hospital I was peeing 15-20 times a day and night.
September 18, 2020 07:08PM
Same πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
smackman
Why 10 days? I was given 3 Lasix pills by Dr. Natale and potassium pills. Within 2 daysI was back at my regular body weight. I have had 2 Ablations with Dr. Natale. Same both times.
September 19, 2020 11:44AM
My procedure went pretty rough. Ended up with pneumonia, spitting up blood and other fluid from lungs, vomiting food and blood, etc. I was gurgling with every breath. X-rays of my lungs were just pure white. Got a follow up last week - now back in black.
September 22, 2020 10:25AM
This is straightening itself out. Just takes a little time to get all of the drugs effects out of the system.
September 24, 2020 10:03AM
I take lasix every other day (20 mg).. not Afib related.. my pee habits depend even on what I eat. If I want to shed a lot of water I take it before I eat but I also like to take it after I eat so I can get some extra potassium in me via food (usually I will eat a potato with an avocado on those days.). Sometimes it is like I never took it and sometimes I need to stay near a bathroom but it is always finished after about 5 hours- usually around 3 hours. I also have always gotten up to pee during the night but the Lasix has not increase that b/c I take it in the morning. I second on taking time to get the meds out. Half lives are half lives but people are all a little different.
September 24, 2020 11:01AM
Only 1 break last night between 11 PM and 6 AM so that's a good night for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login