Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart rate

Posted by Kleinkp 
Heart rate
September 15, 2020 11:49AM
Heart rate post ablation is elavated about 8-10 beats higher then normal. Would the elavated heart rate contribute to ectopic beats I'm experiencing?
Re: Heart rate
September 15, 2020 03:41PM
The elevated heart rate is normal and expected. It will remain elevated for months, possibly upwards of a year. I don't believe it contributes to ectopics.
September 15, 2020 08:28PM
Shoot, mine was 30+ beats above normal right after the ablation. You’re fine. It’ll come back. To put it perspective, your left atrium was burned with a soldering iron. 40 watts of RF power in a pencil tip is exactly what that is. Imagine if you drew a circle on your upper arm with that tool. How long would it be red, swollen, and hurting? A while.
September 16, 2020 03:11PM
My HR is about 20 BPM higher now... 3 weeks after my last ablation. Was similar after my 1st ablation. I've read in several places that a higher HR post-ablation is a good sign actually that the ablation was effective....my 1st ablation was certainly effective as it lasted 14 years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2020 03:12PM by Sdweller.
September 16, 2020 09:27PM
Sdweller how often are you in NSR vs not? I am going in and out several times now. Also in 3rd week. Were you in Austin?
September 16, 2020 09:59PM
Hi not... between day 4 + day 12 i had 6 IRR/afib attacks in 9 days that i KOed each of them in about an hour each by chewing a propafanone pill 3 min. into the episode then went another month in NSR before 1 more episode 6 weeks after my ablation but since then NSR bliss...my heart rate was elevated about 20 beats for about the 1st month after + within about another month it slowly came pretty much back to normal so about 2 months total for me to get back to normal but as you are ex. it was a bit of a bumpy ride but give it at least another month or 6 weeks before drawing conclusions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2020 10:04PM by vanlith.
September 16, 2020 10:51PM
More I think about it I was on flec/met for damn near a decade so who knows my normal rates🙄. Imagine it's lower then 80ish for resting. 6'4 male 205 lbs activeish.
September 17, 2020 08:30AM
I had 1 breakthrough at 3 weeks post procedure....SVT which led to some afib. Disappointing for sure but I guess there is still hope as I had a bit of SVT after my first procedure, (but NO afib). Had this 2nd procedure done at Emory in Atlanta....my first procedure (that lasted 14 years), was at Cleveland Clinic Florida with Dr Sergio Pinsky. I firmly believe he is excellent...in the ballpark with Natalie. I would have gone back to him but my Insurance would not allow it.
September 17, 2020 09:18AM
Sdweller
was at Cleveland Clinic Florida with Dr Sergio Pinsky. I firmly believe he is excellent...in the ballpark with Natale.

Pinsky trained under Natale. After my cousin got, what I considered to be bad advice from a local EP, I suggested he get a second opinion from Pinsky in 2008. My cousin lives near CC Weston and ended up getting got a durable ablation from Pinsky that is still holding.
September 28, 2020 12:58PM
My heart rate didn't rise at all after the ablation, not even day one. And I had tons of ectopics. Still have them here and there. So in my experience, heart rate is not a factor.
September 29, 2020 02:08AM
I’m three + weeks post ablation and my HR is lower these past few days —in the 60s now. Index my HR was 20-30 points higher. I developed PVCs starting at 6 weeks occasionally progressing to nonstop after the index ablation but didn’t get AF during the blanking period. This ablation my PVCs started 22days after with full time PVCs last Friday. I’ve tamed it with magnesium and drinking a lot of water so it’s not as violent today since I sit around...but I still have the PVCs. Everyone is different.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login