Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multaq and Cardioversion

Posted by Erin 
Multaq and Cardioversion
September 05, 2020 10:28AM
Three months ago electro phy. and i agreed on rate control. Now he wants me on multaq for three weeks and another cardioversion.
He said my rate when active is over 110 and that is too much. Resting is around 90. Is this just getting him ready for ablation? You can't stay on multaq forever can you?
My blood pressure runs low and i have glaucoma so i still havent taken first pill. I am 70. I was completely happy with rate control but apparently he is concerned with something.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. He said he wants to see if fatigue is better when i am back in rhythm.
Re: Multaq and Cardioversion
September 05, 2020 10:37AM
If your heart rate is 110 even with a rate control drug then that's not acceptable and your EP is right that something more needs to be done. If you allow a rate like that to continue it will eventually lead to heart enlargement and heart failure. Multaq and cardioversion are a reasonable first course of action to try. Multaq is one of the "mildest" antiarrhythmic drugs available, so it's a good first choice. This has nothing to do with ablation and yes, you can stay on Multaq forever. I would recommend that you take the first pill and trust your EP a little more. This course of treatment is reasonable and necessary.
September 05, 2020 12:09PM
Thank you so much. First pill coming up!
September 05, 2020 03:07PM
I agree with Carey, at HR of 90/110 is too high cronically. One way or another it should be lowered.
September 05, 2020 05:27PM
Thanks for input. Conversion set for the 24th
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login