Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Mode" of ectopics leading to afib?

Posted by Sdweller 
"Mode" of ectopics leading to afib?
July 07, 2020 03:54PM
I've been experiencing a new pattern of afib this year. I was getting only a few afib episodes for the last few years...maybe 3 per year, lasting 2-3 hours and always converting on it's own. Quick start, quick finish.

This year, I started getting into what I call a "mode"... where i notice I'm getting lots of ectopics all of a sudden....my Kardia shows me PVC's and PAC's....and this lasts for hours, it gets worse, and eventually turns to afib for about 3-4 hours.....and then goes away. The entire period of time can be like 24 hours....but only 3-4 hours in actual afib?

Once the ectopics start, there is no stopping this pattern???

FYI. I've had afib for 30 years...1 ablation 14 years ago cleveland clinic...helped alot....again only had few episodes yearly lasting 1-3 hours max.

Any thoughts? Such a dramatic change in pattern...
Re: "Mode" of ectopics leading to afib?
July 07, 2020 04:52PM
Years ago here, folks used to talk about "cyclical" afib. Meaning that for many they had a cycle where there was a period of time they were "safe" from afib and then there was a "risk" period, where they were almost guaranteed an afib episode. The length of the cycle was individual, depending on the person. I experienced this during the my first two months of afib, then I had a two and a half month episode. After converting that with PIP flec, I implemented my remission program, which has evolved to what I suggested for my son-in-law here (and continues working for him). In the subsequent 15 & 2/3's years, the cycles never returned. The electrolytes mentioned in my link were a change from when I had the cycles.
July 07, 2020 09:29PM
Thank you George for the info, I will definitely get on this. I already have upped my Potassium to 2 g per day...powder form...but it looks like I need to up the magnesium, which is hard for me as it loosens my bowels after 200mg....

Can I ask you about the calcium? I have never thought about that...I eat a lot of cheese and yogurt and dairy in general. Too much can cause afib it looks like?
July 07, 2020 10:46PM
Sdweller
Can I ask you about the calcium? I have never thought about that...I eat a lot of cheese and yogurt and dairy in general. Too much can cause afib it looks like?

That was my experience. I was eating a low carb diet and went through a divorce 8 years ago. I started literally stress eating wheels of brie. My previously stellar afib remission degraded. I thought it was divorce stress. After 14 or so months, reread the literature and figured it might be the calcium in the brie. I stopped the brie and my afib control immediately returned to pre divorce levels.

Steve Carr also has posted on calcium & afib in his protocol.

This is a search of all his posts.

The last thought I have is testosterone levels. Was listening to a podcast today where the guest mentioned he started getting palpitations, got tested and found out he had very low T. With T replacement to normal levels, the palpitations went away.
July 08, 2020 05:30AM
I've some fascination for the "cyclic" phenomenon. I'm living with that for about three years. It's a short cycle : roughly one week. For me, it's 1-2hr afib starting and ending spontaneously, then about 24h with my heart beating like a clock, then something's building up inside me during some days, ectopics show up, more and more present... till afib. And a new cycle begins. It's like a battery slowly charging, then discharging with afib.
No more meds for me, they have side effects only. 4 times ablated. Always this cycle.
I've tried all kinds of diets and supplements. In vain.
I'd like to be fully monitored, blood tests included, for a tenth days or so. I'm sure it would bring interesting results about things slowly building up then being suddenly destroyed by afib.
About ectopics, I'd add that when they follow a regular pattern (bi or trigeminal), they don't lead to afib. Never for me. Conversely, short runs are signs of imminent afib. If I start quiet exercise, they may disappear... but they'd likely strike back during the next resting moment.
July 08, 2020 08:29AM
For me Pompon, there is NO DOUBT my afib was "cyclic" for 14 years.... it is like after an episode my heart is "re-set"...and it beats steady as a drum for awhile, usually months...and then the ectopics start slowly, leading to another afib episode. (Although this new pattern this year is different, but still cyclical).

Thank you George for the valuable informstion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login