Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I may have taken an overdose

Posted by susan.d 
I may have taken an overdose
July 05, 2020 04:01PM
I’m in and out of AF and once I take magnesium, it goes away within the hour and I’m back to nsr.
8:30am I took my morning multaq
9:30am I took my morning Eliquis

Just now at 12:30pm by mistake I took instead of my Prilosec, I took my evening dose of Eliquis that was in the pill cubby.

The dosing was 3 hours apart. Did I overdose? Skip tonight’s Eliquis until 9:30 tomorrow morning? Risk of brain bleeding?

It’s Sunday so I cannot call dr Natale’s office. Hubby the pharmacist doesn’t know. I called poison control and a pharmacist said it’s ok and not to take tonight’s dose and wait until tomorrow at 9:30am because at my age -68- the half life should be 15 hours. If I hit my head then go to the ER. It’s being in and out of AF I want to be protected. Maybe I wasn’t in AF- Kardia says yes, then no, then yes, iWatch said nsr so I took it again and the reading flip flopped to AF. My Afibalert says AF. Very steady 60-70 hr but no P wave that I can see.
Re: I may have taken an overdose
July 05, 2020 04:41PM
You can relax and skip tonight's dose. During clinical trials for Eliquis subjects were given much higher doses than you took and suffered no harm. And given the half-life, you'll be just fine without taking more until morning just like the poison control pharmacist said.

As for not seeing P waves, good luck ever seeing a P wave with a device that measures from your fingers. At least with a Kardia they're almost never visible unless you do the lead II method of measuring off your left knee and right thumb, but even then they can be hard to see. So not seeing P waves really doesn't mean anything.
July 05, 2020 04:49PM
Ignore my panic message. Dr Natale has the absolute best NP in the world. I had emailed her and she replied on a Sunday! She calmed me down and said to skip tonight’s dose until tomorrow and be extra careful in falling or cutting myself. I am very blessed with Dr Natale and his team. Those who live in CA and considering an ablation, you couldn’t ask for a better team
July 05, 2020 04:50PM
Thank you Carey!
July 05, 2020 10:32PM
So glad all worked out well for you! Did you have your procedure done in La Jolla? thumbs up
July 05, 2020 10:51PM
SueChef
So glad all worked out well for you! Did you have your procedure done in La Jolla? thumbs up

No, Dr Natale is at Los Robles Hospital in Thousand Oaks, CA Wednesday-Friday once a month. He starts his CA trip Monday- Tuesday in La Jolla. I like Los Robles. Small hospital in the sticks north of Los Angeles. Every room is a private bed. I had it done in TO.
July 08, 2020 11:24PM
Isnt' it wonderful, Susan, that you can get advice from the most knowledgable people in the world on this subject? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 09, 2020 01:54PM
LaniB
Isnt' it wonderful, Susan, that you can get advice from the most knowledgable people in the world on this subject? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yes. That is also how I heard of Dr. Natale.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login