Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Watchman coming out? Timeframe?

Posted by Chuck Connors 
New Watchman coming out? Timeframe?
June 26, 2020 07:33PM
Any information on the new Watchman that is due out and timing on its release? Thank you.
Re: New Watchman coming out? Timeframe?
June 26, 2020 11:21PM
Wow as I live and breathe I just watched a TV ad for it by Boston Scientific. Must mean Medicare is paying for it now.
June 27, 2020 08:41AM
wolfpack
Wow as I live and breathe I just watched a TV ad for it by Boston Scientific. Must mean Medicare is paying for it now.

https://www.watchman.com/en-us-hcp/coverage-cost.html
June 27, 2020 11:04AM
Chuck Connors
Any information on the new Watchman that is due out and timing on its release? Thank you.

I don't know an exact date but my understanding is it's fairly imminent, as in late 2020 or early 2021.
June 27, 2020 11:40AM
My girlfriend bought me a Watchman in 1988 - good to hear they are finally updating it.

June 27, 2020 11:42PM
I'm not sure I'd have wanted that Sony Watchman device installed in my body, even back in '88. That antenna could have proven to be problematic.
June 28, 2020 12:19PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
My girlfriend bought me a Watchman in 1988 - good to hear they are finally updating it.

[mercari-images.global.ssl.fastly.net]

You can still use it if you have the time and money to spare...or looking for a hobby. Below is an excellent perfect video explaining how:
[m.youtube.com]

If anything, it will put a smile on your face and hopefully keep you in nsr (to tie into the Arrhythmia focus of this forum and thread.
June 29, 2020 10:34PM
Thanks everyone for having some Watchman fun.
July 06, 2020 02:50PM
GeorgeN

[www.watchman.com]

On the CHA2DS2-VASc scoring, does being female still give one a point? If not, then my score is only 1 (for being 70).

On the CHADs2 score, I am 0.

Both of these are according to the scoring I found on Wikipedia, which leave me still wondering what my score is in relation to anticoagulant therapy.

My cardiologist says I have benign mild hypertension, but I do not have it on my measurements (averages of 3 readings) at home - it is very good. And what I get at the offices, is not as high as what Wikipedia states to be a problem anyway. I just get it at drs' appts, I believe because I get all keyed up at wanting to present my case for the visit & counteract any inaccurate diagnosing and/or treatment suggestions. I spend a lot of time analyzing my symptoms, my history, my treatment protocols & how all is working or not working for me - I don't think a doctor can assess all that as well as me, certainly not in a 15 minute max visit.
July 06, 2020 03:49PM
You still get the point and it counts for everything except deciding on anticoagulation. So you're effectively a CHADS 1.
July 06, 2020 07:47PM
Carey
You still get the point and it counts for everything except deciding on anticoagulation. So you're effectively a CHADS 1.

Hi Carey,

I am confused by your reply.

I get "the point" for being female based on that 1st scoring system I listed? & I am a CHADS 1 by either test?

What do you mean - it counts for everything?
......... & what do you mean by this part - except for anticoagulation?

My dr recently said I was a 2 & I asked why & he listed mild hypertension, but I do not think that is right just bec I have higher BPs in his office, & they are still not as high as what Wikipedia listed for a hypertensive problem.

Thanks.
July 07, 2020 12:41AM
Okay, I can see why my post was confusing, so let's make this simple and clear:

Forget any CHADS scoring system other than CHADS-Vasc (this one). That's the only one you or anyone should be using. It's the current gold standard and all others are obsolete.

As far as your AF issues go, you can ignore the point for being female. That makes you a CHADS 1, so that means anticoagulants are a judgement call between you and your EP.
July 07, 2020 09:13PM
Thanks, Carey. Will do.

What about blood pressure - what is considered hypertension by most ppl these days? I read in 60+Y/0 y/o, it was ok if below 140/90.

And if I take it at home & don't have the same pressures as at drs' offices, is it okay? I took my machine in to calibrate against theirs & it was the same. Like you say, the ppl taking BPs in the office don't use as good a protocol as I do - left arm each time, heart height, rest before & sit quietly (not talking like the tech usually tries to do with you), feet on the floor uncrossed, etc.

I know I am an OCD personality (not the true disorder) & tend to be on the anxious side sometimes, so my BP will rise on certain occasions, but not sure how high or how often or how long it stays that way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login