Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can I have a TEE done at Hospital doing the Ablation

Posted by stranger 
Can I have a TEE done at Hospital doing the Ablation
June 15, 2020 03:17PM
Lockdown came at the worst time for me - just as it was obvious I needed a second Bordeaux ablation.

With things starting to ease I' m going to find out when it could be done.

One of the biggest problems I had, because of where I live, was coordinating all the things that have to be done in the week leading up to the operation.

The trickiest of these was the TEE. I had to get a relative to drive me 120 miles to the only place that would do it.

Bad enough they had to drive the same distance twice more to the only airport flying direct to Bordeaux.

So my question really is - if I started on Eliquis say 3 months before the op would that keep any new clots from developing and allow any already there to be absorbed by the body?

Thanks

Sam
Re: Can I have a TEE done at Hospital doing the Ablation
June 15, 2020 06:26PM
stranger
So my question really is - if I started on Eliquis say 3 months before the op would that keep any new clots from developing and allow any already there to be absorbed by the body?

Yes, that's more than enough time. Unless there's some other reason for a TEE you shouldn't need one. And if there is some other reason, I can't imagine an EP lab that doesn't have TEE capability.
June 17, 2020 03:32PM
Thanks, Carey,
June 26, 2020 06:36PM
Sam

It was a very long time ago, but when I went to Bordeaux they did the TEE in the morning before doing the ablation later in the day. That was much easier (and cheaper) than having it done the week before in London.

Gill
June 27, 2020 12:33PM
Thanks, Gill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login