Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale experience

Posted by Driver 
Natale experience
June 14, 2020 09:02AM
June 10th Dr. Natale & his team ablated my heart with a pretty straight forward PVAI. I have been told that #4 for on the list below that a majority of EP's doing a PVAI wouldn't even have been looking for that and that right there was worth the price of admissionsmiling smiley. #1 on the list states no left atrial scaring was observed which is good to know. Having had afibb for 10+ years no scarring on left atrial is a good thingsmiling smiley. Laying on the ablation table with all the gear, screens etc you realize quickly this is a BIG deal and their not screwing around!

1.The patient arrived to the Electrophysiology laboratory in sinus rhythm. No left atrial scarring was observed.
2. Successful isolation of all the pulmonary veins.
3. Successful isolation of the posterior wall of the left atrium utilizing roof and infero-posterior lines.
4. Successful ablation of electrograms along the lefl atrial septum and roof of the left atrium.
5. On high dose isoproterenol (20 mcg/min) there was no evidence of reconnection between the left atilum and the
pulmonary veins and no anhythmias were induced.
6. Successful isolation of the superior vena cava.
7. Dissociated firing was seen from the superior vena cava.
8. A total of 44 minules of radiofrequency energy lesions were delivered.

Recovery has been pretty smooth up walking around exactly 2hrs after procedure, I know this as I asked the nurse every 5 min if I could get up yetsmiling smiley. I'm back home in Washington state taking it easy but for the most part I feel pretty good considering. Walked into the hospital and walked out the hospital day later, nice feelingsmiling smiley

Dr. Natale and his team from room service to the head man himself were completely in control the entire time I was in their care VERY professional and caring. I had to go it alone due to the covid 19 crap kids weren't allowed in hospital, so wife stayed in the condo we rented and went swimming with the kidssmiling smiley.

Special thanks to EVERYONE on afibbers that have shared and helped along the way I appreciate ya!

Kevin

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2020 09:10AM by Driver.
Re: Natale experience
June 14, 2020 10:49AM
Here we're not allowed standing up before the next morning. I assume they accessed your heart chambers via your femoral vein ?
June 14, 2020 11:02AM
Yes that's correct right and left femorial. I was definitely ready to start moving.
June 14, 2020 11:50AM
The usual practice for EPs in the US is to require the patient to remain flat in bed for six hours, but Natale uses absorbable collagen plugs to speed closure. With those you only have remain lying flat for two hours.
June 14, 2020 11:59AM
They made me stay in bed until the next morning. :-( . (4pm-8am) The next morning charge nurse told he the RN was being extra zealous at his job. That was the only negative experience at the hospital. Other than that I had a typical perfect Natale hospital experience.
June 14, 2020 12:14PM
Probably should point out I'm 40 year old male active in decent shape. Height 6'4 weight 210 lbs.
June 14, 2020 01:41PM
I'm headed there soon Kevin - thank you for sharing your experience.
June 15, 2020 07:17AM
Nice job Driver! (Good height and weight BTW................. exactly the same as me!)
June 16, 2020 08:47AM
Dr. Natale and staff at TCAI and St. David's are the best of the best. Every visit there has mirrored your experience. Enjoy the NSR.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login