Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

symptom question

Posted by john 
john
symptom question
November 09, 2003 03:49PM
For my own education, has anyone experienced symptoms of a 'itchyness' in hands and legs prior to an attack ? Most notably in the morning or when exposed to colder than room temp ?
Frank
Re: symptom question
November 09, 2003 03:53PM
Hi John
I have felt the same itchyness you describe at times. Mostly when Im in a cold room. Your email address shows your from Canada. Which part are you from John. Take care

Frank
Fran
November 10, 2003 09:34AM
John

The itchyness that you describe prior to an AF episode sounds like an allergic reaction to me. Allergies and food intolerances WILL affect the heart and in susceptible people lead to AF. Have you correlated a particular type of food to when you get this reaction? My guess is excitotoxins (MSG and aspartame) which are known to bring on itchyness in many people, not to mention AF.

Fran
sami
November 10, 2003 03:02PM
Fran this brings the question of food allergy and AF. From my experince I noticed that some afibers are allergic to wheat and corn. Any comments?

Sami
Fran
November 11, 2003 05:53AM
I am convinced that my own AF was a long term reaction to food intolerance, bad diet and too many excitotoxins (which some class as food allergy or intolerance depending on the reaction). I am also convinced that many others with AF have had subclinical food intolerances for many years which now manifest as AF. The fact that the symptoms are subclinical (meaning that the symptoms don't manifest in an obvious way - eg rash, hives) means that many go through life eating foods which don't agree with them putting added stress on the body till wham... AF or something else hits. Then we try to mask the symptoms by taking meds to stop the problem. By avoiding problem foods after 20 years with AF I have been AF free for coming up for 2 years.

Fran
Mike F. V42
Re: Fran - food allergy testing
November 11, 2003 06:45AM
Fran,

WELL DONE!! I remember that your anniversary is sometime in December. Remind me of the date and I'll LIFT A GLASS to you!! (Just the one mind!). May you have many more such anniversaries Fran. (BTW, I'm going to get the food allergy testing done very shortly - can you recommend one type of testing in particular??

Cheers,

Mike F.
Fran
Re: Fran - food allergy testing
November 12, 2003 09:11AM
Mike

Its the 28 December.... And make sure the whole glass is for me - since I can't have one for xmas or new year. Slainte!!

I don't know much about tests. What I do know is that if you go for allergy testing you may not discover intolerances. An allergy response involves and IGE response. And this is what they measure to find out allergies. An intolerance does not involve an IgE.

I wish I could help more. I had lots in my favourites of my computer - but that hit the dust during my move and I have lost a lot of stuff. I am now using an old lap top which is a bit of a pain. Give me some time and I will build it back up again. But at the moment time is short as have moved into my new house and tomorrow i am going house sitting to look after a friends live stock whilst she goes on holiday with her husband for the first time in over 10 years. So it will be a while till I get back into a normal routine.

All the best

Fran
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login