Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flec dose pillin-in-the-pocket question

Posted by Ritva 
Flec dose pillin-in-the-pocket question
March 29, 2020 08:27AM
After more than ten years on pill-in-the-pocket flec, I am now (two months) on daily flec - 50 mg. twice a day. Episodes started to be once a month so we are trying this. In addition my cardiologist said to take 200 mg. extra of flec when I go into fib (or more often flutter - as today). I used to take 300 when not on the daily dose.

Question (which I forgot to ask him): If one dose of 200 mg. extra does not work, should I take another and after how much time. I know for sure I don't take this high dose every day. How about after 60 hrs.?? Should I try again? I am in flutter, HR around 110-120. I feel fine otherwise.

If I have not converted by Monday morning (It is now 5 am Sunday, episode started 5:30 pm Thursday) I will go for electro cardioversion. From experience, do not want to go to hospital on weekend. Would like to avoid going altogether with the virus lurking around but might have to.

Thanks,
Ritva
Re: Flec dose pillin-in-the-pocket question
March 29, 2020 11:28AM
If you've tolerated 300 mg in the past then you should be able to repeat the dose after 24 hours since 300 mg/day is the maximum recommended dose for patients with atrial tachycardias. I'm assuming you have normal kidney function and you're not a petite person. If either of those assumptions is wrong then you need to ask your EP.
Re: Flec dose pillin-in-the-pocket question
March 30, 2020 01:46AM
Ritva, do you weigh less than 154 pounds? The recommended dose is 300mg only if you weigh more than 154 pounds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login