Posted by JoyWin 
Lower Apixaban Dose
March 29, 2020 08:04AM
Published in Cardiology
Journal Scan / Research · March 29, 2020

Clinical and Pharmacological Effects of Apixaban Dose Adjustment
JACC: Journal of the American College of Cardiology

TAKE-HOME MESSAGE

Patients with atrial fibrillation and two or more dose-adjustment criteria treated with apixaban 2.5 mg twice daily were assessed to evaluate the effects of dose adjustment on clinical and pharmacological outcomes. Although the apixaban exposure was lower in dose-adjusted patients compared with those receiving the standard dose, reductions in D-dimers and PF1+2 were comparable in the two populations. Similarly, the efficacy of the lower dose for preventing stroke or systemic embolism and death was similar to that of the standard dose.
The lower dose of apixaban for patients with two or more dose-adjustment criteria appears to be safe and effective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2020 08:07AM by JoyWin.
Re: Lower Apixaban Dose
March 29, 2020 11:37AM
Important to note that those patients all met two or more criteria: >80 years old, under 60 kg, and/or had impaired kidney function.
April 01, 2020 10:55PM
Critical to note Carey. Nice save. >grinning smiley<
April 05, 2020 07:11PM
I forget sometimes Carey that everyone is not as old as I am,grinning smiley however it was comforting to know tha the 2.5 mg x2 daily I take is ok. I am reasonably fit and healthy but do have Neurological and other illnesses besides paroxysmal AF (which is quite severe at times ) I was in a bind about whether I should be taking a larger dose of Eliquis. I feel a bit more at ease now.
April 05, 2020 07:15PM
I think you're okay, Joy. You don't need to do anything. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login