Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Claritin use with A Fib

Posted by lds001 
Claritin use with A Fib
March 27, 2020 12:44PM
I have some type of inflammation or sinus issue going on for a few weeks now. My ENT says I don’t have a sinus infection, but my eyes, and sinuses and nose feel so inflamed. I do not have allergies. She suggested I try Claritin along with my cortisone nose spray.

Does anyone know if antihistamines are ok to take with A Fib......I know not the take the antihistamine with the “D” behind the name. Years ago I used to take Clairiton all the time.

Thanks!
Re: Claritin use with A Fib
March 27, 2020 01:15PM
I have no idea about the Claritin. However, here is a suggestion - a nasal rinse as shown by Dave Asprey in this video. Interestingly, in a Mercola article this morning, it states, "Like the influenza virus, coronaviruses (as a general group) incubate in your sinuses for about three days before moving down into your lungs" This is the reference he gives for this statement.

Got me to thinking that if the nasal rinse had agents in it that killed the virus, it could possibly prevent an infection.

I have used this rinse, and I've found that adjusting the salt concentration can make it feel comfortable - in my volume of water, I use 1 tsp. Also, around 110 deg F is a comfortable temperature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 01:56PM by GeorgeN.
March 27, 2020 02:17PM
March 27, 2020 03:00PM
Antihistamine's aren't usually a problem with AF. It's decongestants that are the problem (that "D" in the name you mentioned).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login