Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cardic complications of the Corona virus

Posted by Elizabeth 
cardic complications of the Corona virus
March 21, 2020 09:50PM
I thought most died from lung problems, but this is saying differently:

According to an article published in The Washington Post, despite the fact that the virus attacks the lungs, Dr. James Town, an intensive care physician who has been battling the disease in Seattle, says most patients die of cardiac, rather than respiratory, failure.

Data shows that patients who were admitted to hospitals in Wuhan, China, with COVID-19 showed evidence of cardiac injury in 59% of patients who died. Because the virus can cause massive inflammation throughout the body, it can also cause dangerous inflammation of the heart. Therefore, people with heart disease should take extra precautions.

Read Newsmax: Coronavirus May Cause Deadly Cardiac Complications | Newsmax.com
Urgent: Your Heart Attack Risk Determined Online - More Info

Read Newsmax: Coronavirus May Cause Deadly Cardiac Complications | Newsmax.com
Urgent: Your Heart Attack Risk Determined Online - More Info

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2020 09:54PM by Elizabeth.
Joe
Re: cardic complications of the Corona virus
March 22, 2020 04:20AM
[peterattiamd.com]
Dr. Hotez also mentions the heart connection.
If there is massive inflammation why don't they administer IV vitamin C?
Given that the Marik protocol works better for toxemia than anything else they got is intrigues me.
March 22, 2020 08:14AM
From my ND, for emergency COVID-19.
"500mg Zithromax twice a day to take in conjunction with Plaquenil 200mg twice a day. I do recommend EKG prior, the use of CoQ10 400 mg/day and adequate Magnesium because of prolonged Qtc interval. I am doing this in suspected viral symptoms only and not preventative. I am still recommending my protocols including Vitamins A, C, D along with LDN, herbals, NAC, Selenium and Zinc for preventative. Zinc is the key element to interfere with the Replicase enzyme that allows the COVID 19 virus to replicate. The Plaquenil facilitates the cellular crossing of Zinc to interfere with this enzyme. Clinic therapy includes IV Vitamin C, ozone, Thymosin alpha 1, modified Myers Cocktail including Micronutrients with Zinc and Selenium. I am also utilizing Alinia in symptomatic patients. "
March 22, 2020 04:36PM
hwkmn05
"500mg Zithromax twice a day to take in conjunction with Plaquenil 200mg twice a day "

The stated Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) 200mg protocol is actually 2x this for 7 days.

I would not start the Zithromax unless lymphocyte count is > 1100/microliter per PC's post. The Zithromax is an antibiotic and won't help unless you have bacterial pneumonia. As pointed out by Daisy, both of these meds can cause QT prolongation and potentially Torsades de Pointes (though the risk is low).

As an aside, was on a video meeting with 11 people yesterday. They were geographically diverse - from NY to WA and in between. Randomly, 3 of them (and their spouses) had already had what appears to be COVID-19. None had severe cases. Every one of these people focus on metabolic health (i.e. low and stable blood sugar, low fasting insulin, no processed foods, limited carb intake though not necessarily keto, time restricted eating). Similar to the anecdote I posted from my Aussie friend here.
March 23, 2020 06:38AM
GeorgeN, Agreed of course. I personally cant wrap my head around 500mg twice per day of that med, unless it is much more serious with COVID-19. EKGs along with high doses of Mg and COQ 10 are a precaution for QT. It has been reported that many COVID deaths are attributed to secondary bacterial infections within the first few days. I would say that is a reasonable precaution for this virus. Hydroxychloroquine I am quite familiar with as a Lyme disease med and its life changing effect. Below is an opinion from one Lyme disease MD/Researcher. I concur.

"While there was pushback about President Trump’s discussion of the treatment use of Plaquenil without the FDA’s blessing, according to a NYC doctor in the trenches, they are already using the Plaquenil (sometimes with Zithromax) on hundreds of patients with no deaths yet in his hospital. Mayo Clinic did not plan to use any treatment whatsoever until we essentially begged, presented literature through patient services, and landed with a doctor who was willing to think outside of the box. Many critically ill patients will not survive with only supportive care (vent, fluids, oxygen). "
March 23, 2020 08:17AM
GeorgeN

"500mg Zithromax twice a day to take in conjunction with Plaquenil 200mg twice a day "

Similar to the anecdote I posted from my Aussie friend here.
Interesting and truly anecdotal success story. However, much more for that protocol is left with as many questions as answers.

Vit D increases ACE2 receptors in lungs-but has been shown to prevent damage by LPS (from bacteria), so it has that protective effect.
BUT, C19 uses ACE2 receptor to enter and kill lung cells, so it could go either way. Sounds as though it went the good way for Aussie friend, but I would error on the side of caution without professional guidance for this protocol.
[www.researchgate.net]
March 23, 2020 09:24AM
hwkmn05
Vit D increases ACE2 receptors in lungs-but has been shown to prevent damage by LPS (from bacteria), so it has that protective effect.
BUT, C19 uses ACE2 receptor to enter and kill lung cells, so it could go either way. Sounds as though it went the good way for Aussie friend, but I would error on the side of caution without professional guidance for this protocol.
[www.researchgate.net]

Per my doc (he's had experience with SARS-CoV-1 & MERS), I keep my 25OHD level very high (in Nov was 150 mg/nL), and if I come down with a virus (per the doc), I take 50,000 IU's D3 three times a day for three days. Historically, this has materially mitigated the intensity of the bug and shortened the duration.

Off topic: We don't need sanitisers for virus protection after all...

Why does soap work so well on the SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus and indeed most viruses?
Because it is a self-assembled nanoparticle in which the weakest link is the lipid (fatty) bilayer.

"The soap dissolves the fat membrane and the virus falls apart like a house of cards and “dies”, or rather, we should say it becomes inactive as viruses aren’t really alive. Viruses can be active outside the body for hours, even days."

"Disinfectants or liquids, wipes, gels and creams containing alcohol (and soap) have similar effects but are not really quite as good as normal soap. Apart from the alcohol and soap, the “antibacterial agents” in these products don’t affect the virus structure much at all. Consequently, many antibacterial products are basically just an expensive version of soap in terms of how they act on viruses. Soap is the best but alcohol wipes are good when soap is not practical or handy (e.g. office receptions)."

https://virologydownunder.com/why-does-soap-work-so-well-on-sars-cov-2/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 02:11PM by GeorgeN.
March 23, 2020 01:46PM
My experience with a Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) script in Colorado. Won't fill it unless you've been taking on an ongoing basis. My doc friend, who lives in a small mountain town, said they are only filling for medical professionals. Had no issues getting Z-pack and Losartan filled.
March 23, 2020 06:13PM
This is an intersting article, one-quarter of corona virus fatalities in Italy had afib.

[www.businessinsider.com]

Stay home this is the only option to fight the virus.
March 23, 2020 06:48PM
It's hard to understand what this means the way they present it. How many of those with afib had hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, etc., in say the 70+ Italian population? There may be some independent risk there, but likely much less than 25%.

Agree with staying home of course.
March 23, 2020 06:56PM
I think those stats most likely simply reflect the fact that AF prevalence increases with age and other comorbidities. When a disease comes along that selectively kills old sick people, you're going to get a high percentage with AF because old sick people have more AF.

There's no way from the data available to determine if AF is a risk factor, and the EPs I've seen discuss it don't believe it is. Note, for example, that younger people with AF who get COVID-19 don't have a higher death rate than their counterparts without AF.
March 23, 2020 07:15PM
Carey
I think those stats most likely simply reflect the fact that AF prevalence increases with age and other comorbidities. When a disease comes along that selectively kills old sick people, you're going to get a high percentage with AF because old sick people have more AF.

To me afib (in this case) and many of the other comorbidities are markers for hyperinsulinemia.
April 04, 2020 02:17PM
Carey

There's no way from the data available to determine if AF is a risk factor, and the EPs I've seen discuss it don't believe it is. Note, for example, that younger people with AF who get COVID-19 don't have a higher death rate than their counterparts without AF.

Exactly this. thumbs up
April 04, 2020 07:44PM
Below is first glimpse of a breaking Pre-proof of a small 11 patient upcoming complete study out of Paris that will be published soon. This link below: No Evidence of Rapid Antiviral Clearance or Clinical Benefit with the Combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Infection is just a preliminary summary in light of the timely nature of the topic in which they found no benefit to the combination of Hydroxychloroquine plus Azithromycin in severe COVID-19 patients in a prospective trial.

These sober findings are in stark contrast to the first French study of a few weeks ago that helped elevate Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin to breathless excitement levels in the press.

While this study and another Chinese study on the same combo drug cocktail used for COVID-19 that found similarly disappointing results as this most recent finding, will still have to wait for a series of well done and larger Randomized Control Trials before we can rule this combo in or out with real confidence.

Not only was there no reported benefit seen from these two studies, but rather some degree of potential negative side-effects were noted with one patient out of the 11 total patients (8 of which had various co-morbidites including this one patient mentioned who had to stop the combo drugs after 4 days of use due to prolongation of the QT interval from 405ms to 460ms and 470ms due to the combined effect of the two drugs. This is a potentially dangerous side effect that both drugs share and thus taking them both can clearing increase of a potentially dangerous cardiac arrhythmia known as Torsade de Pointe.

In any event, this latest study out of Paris, plus the referred to Chinese study on the same topic, certainly does pump the brakes on the understandable initial exuberance shown by many of us, including a well known public figure, with the publication of that first in-vitro study of Hydroxychloroquine plus Zpack use for this nasty virus that is affecting all of our lives!

Best wishes
Shannon

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 03:30AM by Shannon.
April 05, 2020 12:48AM
Well this is another video which speaks well of the Hydroxychloroquine plus the antibody.

[www.youtube.com] />

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login