Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart rate variability after flutter ablation?

Posted by Callydex 
Heart rate variability after flutter ablation?
March 21, 2020 12:42PM
Hi all:
It has been 8 weeks since my ablation for atypical flutter at Sinai with Vivek Reddy: I am feeling fine and am quite sure I've had no recurrence, but I do notice that my pulse will, over several seconds, go up gradually, like a car engine revving a bit, and then drop down abruptly. I am due to get my Zio patch in a week, and have no wish to go to my doctor's office (we are in a Covid19 hotspot): any input into whether this is an artifact of the blanking period and residual inflammation, or a warning sign that I should in fact pay attention to.
Thanks -
Re: Heart rate variability after flutter ablation?
March 21, 2020 12:54PM
I don't think that's anything serious to worry about, but you shouldn't need to visit his office for a Zio patch. They could just ship it to you.
March 21, 2020 12:55PM
They are shipping it - I meant to get an EKG - I am hoping I don't have to go into the city at all even to see him: Sinai is reportedly a hotbed of infection at the moment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2020 12:55PM by Callydex.
March 21, 2020 02:15PM
If your pulse is regular and under 100 except for brief episodes lasting just seconds, an ECG isn't essential. The Zio will tell them everything they need to know far better than a single 12-lead. I would just cancel the appointment.
March 21, 2020 03:45PM
Pulse is regular - certainly under 100 and often right around 60. Will hang on for the Zio.
March 29, 2020 03:28PM
My EP increased my dose of 50m Metoprolol a day to 2x daily. For the last 5 days my heart rate has stayed under 100. My question is Can you still be in flutter with a heart rate at 75?
March 29, 2020 03:41PM
merri
My question is Can you still be in flutter with a heart rate at 75?

Yes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login