Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nattokinase or natto - thoughts?

Posted by cirenepurzalot 
nattokinase or natto - thoughts?
January 16, 2020 10:14PM
On this forum I recently came across nattokinase and natto. Have any of you tried it? Which is more effective nattokinase or eating natto? (I can't seem to find any natto around where I live.) If you take nattokinase is there a certain type that works better than others? Thanks!
Re: nattokinase or natto - thoughts?
January 16, 2020 11:12PM
Is Natto soy based? If so soy and flax are not certain cancer friendly foods.
January 17, 2020 05:33AM
Some take both Natto and Nattokinese, I think actual Natto Food is supposed to be better. I get my Natto Food from a real Japanese Market staffed by authentic Japanese. There probably has to be real Japan people living in the area to get a real Japanese Market near you.

These have been many posts on this in the past on this Forum.
January 17, 2020 08:20AM
Thanks! I 'm going to try taking the supplement, 2,000FU 2x/day and try it out.
January 20, 2020 02:42PM
I take natto and nattokinase. I have done so for about 18 months and my afib burden has dropped from 2 to 3 events a month to 3 events last year.

Read this very good explanation [draxe.com]
January 20, 2020 02:53PM
Thanks colindo! That's great to hear. Where do you purchase your natto from and is there a special way you prepare it? Also, do you take like 2,000 FU, twice per day of nattokinase?
January 21, 2020 04:19PM
I take one 40gm packet of natto every 2nd day, I also take one 2000 FU nattokinase morning and night.
on the other day I take three nattokinase, two in the morning (first thing) and one at night (last thing).
I place the natto on a piece of toast and sprinkle cajun seasoning on top, eat it for breakfast with a cup of coffee.

I can't advise where to purchase Natto as I live in New Zealand and get my supply locally. look for an Asian or Japanese shop.
January 21, 2020 04:41PM
Great tips colindo! Thanks!
January 21, 2020 05:09PM
I found this one online so I'll give it a try. It's non-gmo and I don't have to do much prep work it seems.

Colindo, are you doing anything other than the natto andnattokinase regiment? (for the afib)
January 23, 2020 02:16PM
That is very expensive natto, I buy frozen 45 gms packets for about $1.00 each. They usually come 3 or 4 in a sleeve. I get low salt.
I also take supplements. Magnesium, fish oil, CoQ10, VitC and VitD.
January 23, 2020 02:23PM
susan.d
Is Natto soy based? If so soy and flax are not certain cancer friendly foods.

You have got that wrong about natto, it would pay you to have look at this link [draxe.com]
January 23, 2020 03:09PM
Saurkraut has a lot of similar benefits to Natto, tastes better also:

[www.naturalfoodseries.com]

I am a little concerned about taking Natto because I have thyroid problems, I know they say that because it is fermented it is ok to use. Natto has quite a bit of Ca. which we shouldn't use. But I say if it is helping you that's fine.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login