Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natural - non- drug - blood thinners

Posted by Carola 
Natural - non- drug - blood thinners
January 12, 2020 06:06PM
I know that establishment medicine doesn't condone anything but prescription blood thinners, but I have failed every single one of the new ones (haven't tried Pradaxa), and because of where I live, my age and the distance I have to drive to have the INR checked, can't go the old Warfarin-Coumadin route.

I feel kind of desperate because I had a TIA many years ago before having an ablation with Natale. Now I have mimimal Flutter, PAC's and some short runs of afib and face the possibility of having another one or worse.

Is there any combination of supplements that would provide a reasonably good option: Fish oil, magnesium, turmeric, eight or more glasses of water ....? Is there anyone bravely - or foolishly - following this natural approach?
Re: Natural - non- drug - blood thinners
January 12, 2020 08:56PM
Carola:

There was a post on here by Jackie a few months ago in which she has talked about natural blood thinners like Nattokinase and also one called Boluoke. There have been a few posters on here that eat Natto most everyday which they said stopped their AF, Dean is one.

If you put Dean and Natto in the search engine it will bring up posts.

I had episodes of AF off and on for almost 20 years I took aspirin now and then, I didn't take any of the natural blood thinners because they seemed to give me aura migraines, otherwise I would take them. I eat pretty good, I have a large garden,berries and fruit trees, so I tried to keep as healthy as I could.

Liz

P.S. This is a post by Dean about Natto---As you know I am still afib free (no ablation) after 15yrs by religously eating 50g natto food every second day. I have a good diet and don't take any supplements. I have done my own extensive study of why natto food works for me and after scouring PubMed research articals have come to a similar conclusion to you in that the Ca,K, Mg and Na ion pumps in the cardiac cells get out of whack due to poor diet and other unknown reasons. So in effect we are reading from the same page here but coming from different directions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 09:03PM by Elizabeth.
January 13, 2020 01:27AM
Pradaxa is the one that's completely different from the others. It's a different drug that works by a completely different mechanism from Eliquis, Xarelto, etc. So if I were in your shoes I'd sure give Pradaxa a try before I went back to warfarin with a long drive for INR checks.

And to be really honest with you, with your history of TIA and ongoing flutter and afib, I don't think you're someone who can afford to play with alternative solutions. I'd give Pradaxa a try if I were you.
January 13, 2020 08:24AM
Not disagreeing with Carey,, I think home INR testing is also available as an option. You get a machine and do it yourself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login