Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Silverscripts cost for NOAC jumps

Posted by smackman 
Silverscripts cost for NOAC jumps
January 02, 2020 11:16AM
I am on Medicare and use Silverscripts as my Part D prescription drug plan. NOAC like Eliquis and Xarelto now have a $285 deductible before they payout. For the many on a NOAC for Afib or whatever this is a big financial hit. Congress needs to get off there Arse and get something done besides the all consuming “crap” for the last 3 years that will fail in the Senate trial.
It is a MAJOR problem when a senior citizen has to choose between meds and food, bills etc. We All should tell Congress to stop the nonsense and put America first. I go in the donut hole every year because of the price of NOAC.
Just found out the First 30 day refill is $332 dollars. That’s 285 tier 3 deductible plus $47 for the one month. There is no savings on 90 day fills anymore. The cost after this month will be $47 a month until I hit the donut hole then it’s around $150 a month.🤢

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 04:08PM by smackman.
Re: Silverscripts cost for NOAC jumps
January 02, 2020 02:12PM
Smackman::

I have Silverscript as well, I go for a Cardioversion on the 16 of this month, hopefully I will convert. I will try to get the Watchman , I cannot keep taking this blood thinner, I have a very itchy rash that isn't getting better seems like whatever minor problem I may have had this drug is making it worse. The drug companies and ins. companies are crooks.

Liz
January 02, 2020 02:43PM
smackman
I am on Medicare and use Silverscripts as my Part D prescription drug plan.
I was also on Medicare Part D with Silverscript. My Medicare adviser warned me that they were changing things for 2020 and suggested that I switch. I went to a Cigna plan. So annoying when they do this to us! Ugh!
January 04, 2020 12:37AM
So we wait for generic NOACs.

/L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login