Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TEE review and A wave question/FLX release date

Posted by ron 
ron
TEE review and A wave question/FLX release date
December 01, 2019 02:27PM
Next week, I will review my TEE results with my new EP. This was my second TEE.

Other than the emptying velocity and smoke, I read that the A wave or maybe the EA Ratio is also considered. What is the number that is considered OK for that ?

Also under consideration is that this is a pretty new program set up with Boston Scientific just this year. The EP hasn't done a lot of procedures yet. I tried to set up something with St. David's or Scripps with Natale, but they never called back for a firm date even after sending them what they ask for. Neither would tell me if I qualify for Medicare on this, though I think I do. My local EP said no problem. I finally gave up and decided that at least for the watchman, not all that hard, that I would try to set up something in my state (Oregon).

If I could get a firm date on the FLX being released, I might try and wait for that. From what I read, it is a lot safer for the install as well as minimal metal exposure. I have called Boston Scientific but they will not give a date for US release. So, unless firm information comes up soon, I will just go ahead with the current watchman.

Any comments would be appreciated....ron H
Re: TEE review and A wave question/FLX release date
December 03, 2019 10:08AM
My understanding is FDA approval is expected in 2020. Since it's in the hands of the FDA I don't think there's a more precise estimate than that.

I'm also not sure about the exact E:A ratio criteria other than "robust" but I'll see if I can find out.
December 03, 2019 05:14PM
I was told by Dr. Natale's P.A. at Scripps Memorial, San Diego, that approval was expected by May 2020..

--Lance
December 29, 2019 02:02PM
I'm on the waiting list with St David's.

McHale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login