Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

heartrate in AF

Posted by Elizabeth 
heartrate in AF
November 20, 2019 08:00PM
by Kona -

(I have occassional Afib, but my pacemaker usually doesn't record it. That's because the "Atrial High Rate Episode Dection Rate = 180".

Since my Afib events are usually 120-150, the pacemaker doesn't record it. I've asked about it and they say below 180 is not significant! )

The above is taken from the Pacer site---
My heart rate in AF doesn't go over 100, so is it not significant? Confusing.
Re: heartrate in AF
November 20, 2019 08:33PM
Can you ask your EP to change this? I also have a pacer and it is set so that it records all my Afib. (I suppose my EP took into consideration my typical Afib rates.) The EP can set it anyway they want to as the newer pacers are very versatile.
November 20, 2019 08:38PM
Elizabeth
by Kona -

(I have occassional Afib, but my pacemaker usually doesn't record it. That's because the "Atrial High Rate Episode Dection Rate = 180".

Since my Afib events are usually 120-150, the pacemaker doesn't record it. I've asked about it and they say below 180 is not significant! )

The above is taken from the Pacer site---
My heart rate in AF doesn't go over 100, so is it not significant? Confusing.

Liz, don't know anything about what the pacer is looking for, however an afib rate under 100 BPM is good as it should not precipitate cardiomyopathy. Now if you are looking to see when and how much you are in afib, then that is not useful. I'd talk to the pacer people about that.

George
November 20, 2019 08:45PM
I just thought all of my AF episodes were recorded, did not realize that they might not be, seems like you have to learn everything by yourself.

L
November 20, 2019 09:20PM
I'd be really surprised if a PM didn't detect afib at any rate. I don't know who you're quoting but what they seem to be saying isn't true in general. I think they have their facts mixed up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login