Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 months in

Posted by rocketritch 
3 months in
October 21, 2019 03:41PM
It's been three months now since my touch up ablation with Dr Natale.

I celebrated the past several days by getting reaquainted with my bike. Did a couple 30 mile rides which not only proved my heart is doing well it also proved my lack of fitness.

I'll take it though as I am feeling better.
Joe
Re: 3 months in
October 21, 2019 07:08PM
October 21, 2019 10:48PM
Great news!
October 22, 2019 01:15AM
I totally understand that feeling with the bike rides. You'll get back to where you were soon enough now that you've got a heart that works the way it's supposed to. smiling smiley
October 22, 2019 10:28AM
Enjoy life !
I'm back on my bicycle too, despite my HR troubles are still present. They're coming at rest, but I'm fine while exercising, so, I do my best to enjoy life...
October 23, 2019 02:22PM
Congratulations thumbs up
October 23, 2019 06:11PM
Well..... sometimes celebrations are preemptive.

I woke up yesterday morning out of rhythm. It wasn't bad but kardia showed Afib. I converted within 45 minutes. I had taken flecanide to assist in the conversion but it didn't have time to enter my system.

I also had an appointment with my local EP and he concurred that it looked like Afib. Im not going to let it bother me though. We did discuss yesterday that I should have a sleep study done. I really don't show any classic symptoms but he felt it would be prudent with my history.

Another interesting anecdote is that those that have been following along might remember that he and I had said our goodbyes back in May due to insurance incompatible. He seemed genuinely happy to see that I was able to come back to him.

I have allot of respect and trust for him. He does a pretty decent volume of ablations but doesn't go to the extents of Dr Natale. At least not yet. He does show allot of interest and respect towards Dr Natale and stated hes very comfortable managing me locally and enjoys seeing how Dr Natale handles my case.

Again I don't see this as a setback in the least and look forward to see how my heart continues to act.
October 24, 2019 01:18AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Kind of a bummer that no doubt took the wind out of your sails a bit, but I would bet it's just a bump in the road that won't keep repeating. The fact that it converted on its own so quickly is a very good sign.

I think it's smart you maintain a relationship with a local EP you know and trust. I do too, and in fact I have my annual followup appointment with him next week. I don't have an actual reason at this point to see him, but I do just to maintain the relationship, and I plan to continue that for the foreseeable future. I'm hopeful I won't actually need him again, but if I do it'll sure be a lot easier to pick up the phone and book an appointment with a guy who knows me and has my records than finding a new EP. I would be back in Austin in a heartbeat if I needed a repeat procedure, but I think it's worth an annual co-pay to have a doc immediately at hand who can offer advice, interpret results, write prescriptions, order tests, etc.
October 24, 2019 03:47AM
I'm not concerned at all. I've been feeling so good since July and there could have been other factors at play that caused this. Dehydration being one of them.

It felt really good to be able to return to my original EP. I was really concerned I would not be able to find one that would work with me since I am committed to Dr Natale for any procedural issues. He had refered me to another that he had contacted about me but this is so much simpler.

I will continue to see him yearly as well.
October 24, 2019 08:08AM
rocketritch
We did discuss yesterday that I should have a sleep study done. I really don't show any classic symptoms but he felt it would be prudent with my history.

This was me 2.5 years ago. Neither my local EP or I thought I had OSA, but after a sleep study, turns out I do. I've worn the CPAP every night since. I adapted (and accepted) it quickly, and I felt better within a couple nights.

You might be out a few more bucks, but the peace of mind is worth far more. And if it turns out you do, the benefit of OSA therapy is significant.

Best to you.
October 31, 2019 09:23AM
I recently had a sleep study. When I went to the sleep doctor he said it was doubtful that I had sleep apnea and he was even hesitant to order the test but since it has was recommended by my cardiologist he ordered the study. I am tall, thin, female and very active. He said he thought there was no way it would be positive but it was. I now have a CPAP and have been very consistent using it. I think its helping!! Just do it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login