Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

right bundle branch block

Posted by anneh 
right bundle branch block
October 13, 2019 05:52PM
ok so now I am in extreme panic. Was looking at my cardiologist's report from a few months ago as he had suggested I have stress test. I see that he has written down that during my ECG it showed right bundle branch block with secondary polarization. This was never discussed with me, I have always been told that other than AF my heart is in great condition. After just reading this and looking online I am feeling sick to my stomach with fear. Btw other than AF I am fortunately in extremely good health/ideal weight/walk daily/plant based diet. Dr never seemed concerned other than to say I should have the stress test which I didn't want as it involves radiation dye sad smiley
Re: right bundle branch block
October 13, 2019 06:53PM
anneh
ok so now I am in extreme panic.

This is why reading test results and consulting Dr. Google is something you need to do very carefully. Allow me to quote the Mayo Clinic for you:

Most people with bundle branch block are symptom-free and don't need treatment.

The fact that your cardiologist said nothing should be a big tip that it is nothing. Really. That note in the results wouldn't concern me in the slightest if I were you. You're fine. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2019 06:53PM by Carey.
October 13, 2019 07:07PM
I had it while in the ER and I asked the ER doctor and she said “nah, it’s nothing”. Last time I thought twice about it.
October 13, 2019 10:19PM
thank you both so much, been praying hard for input so that I can sleep tonight so you are an answer to prayer. Makes sense that if something serious had been wrong they would have wanted me to get the test last year or even before that as it must have shown up earlier. Do you think I should get the stress test - hate the thought of the radiation injection - mainly because I am a health nut and hate the thought of any kind of radioactive dye going into my body sad smiley
October 14, 2019 12:43AM
Why does your doc want a nuclear stress test? What are they looking for?
October 14, 2019 06:14PM
good question, he said they needed to check to make sure nothing else was wrong with my heart as I have never had one done. I had politely refused (altho agreed to the artery ultra sound as that is non invasive). anne h
October 14, 2019 06:27PM
There are a lot of cardiologists who think nuclear stress tests are overused and produce far too many false positives. I wouldn't do one either unless they could give me very good justification for it. "Just checking" isn't very good justification. I would ask them to just do a stress-echocardiogram instead. No dyes, no radiation, and it's pretty much the gold standard of cardiac screening tests.
October 14, 2019 06:40PM

I would ask them to just do a stress-echocardiogram instead. No dyes, no radiation, and it's pretty much the gold standard of cardiac screening tests.

That was my choice too.
October 14, 2019 07:12PM
wow Carey and Daisy what great information! Will certainly insist on that instead smiling smiley
Joe
October 14, 2019 08:24PM
Coronary artery calcium score test and/or a CIMT (carotid intima media test)? Both are non invasive/low radiation.
October 14, 2019 10:54PM
thnx Joe that is interesting info smiling smiley anne h
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login