Advanced

Drug Induced AF .gov article

Posted by susan.d 
Drug Induced AF .gov article
October 10, 2019 10:25AM
Joe
Re: Drug Induced AF .gov article
October 10, 2019 05:41PM
Thanks Susan for the link! Very interesting and disturbing how little is known about the causes of afib.
Makes me think that Dr David Sinclair and his team u.o. are onto something when they liken most treatments as a whack a mole game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 05:42PM by Joe.
October 11, 2019 03:02PM
I posted before several times regarding AFIB being caused by Withdrawal from Drugs, Steriod Anti-Inflammatories in particular. Drugs cause changes in body not only when you take them, but also when you stop them. Corticosteriods and Methylprednisolone are listed in the referenced article posted above.
October 11, 2019 05:35PM
Hi from a long absent member!
My ophthalmologist told me last month that a lot of his glaucoma patients have afib.
I’ve been banging on for over 3 years that prostaglandin eye drops have aggravated mine, not accusing the drugs of causing it 20+ years ago.....but.....
I may be barking up the wrong tree. However he is interested and says he’s going to question his patients.
Not due another appointment til new year, back with any news hopefully.
Stay as well as possible, all the best.
Joyce
October 11, 2019 09:06PM
If you go to the dentist or dermatologist, ask for linocaine “plain”. Regular has epi. I would go into tachy before I ever had AF with Linocaine regular (red writing, without Epi is either green or blue.

When I first got AF, I was in the ER at the time not keeping any food down. Throwing up. ER gave me Reglan. I went into AF...cardiologist said it was triggered by Reglan because I was hydrated or maybe stress because my brother died suddenly... Other cardiologists and EP’s also speculated Reglan can trigger AF.

However three weeks ago during my ablation, I told Dr Natale that Epi and Reglan triggers tachy so when he was semi done with the ablation, he wanted to trigger AF to see what else was firing. He used Epi and Reglan. For me then Reglan can trigger my AF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login