Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 week post ablation doctor visit.

Posted by susan.d 
2 week post ablation doctor visit.
October 02, 2019 11:50PM
NSR with no (yay!) qt prolonged so perhaps multaq won’t affect me. I am getting more than frequent PVC. I hate it. Thump thump all day. I had it since Thursday. Valium stops it along with magnesium and a cold shower just long enough for me to sleep. I had a few (not up to 50% like Thursday to yesterday) pvc in Dr. Natale waiting room but it was off and on and the ekg didn’t catch it.

Ekg says NSR, moderate voltage criteria for LAH, may be normal variant (new), T wave abnormality , consider lateral ischemia (hopefully it’s bad lead placement) and my PR was normal at 178 ms (ablation terminated for PR after he successfully ablated isolation of all pulmonary veins, successful isolated posterior wall of left atrium utilizing roof and inferno-posterior lines, successful ablation of electrograms aling left atrial septum. QRS duration was 84 ms (whatever that means) and qt/QTc was 394/428 and O-R-T aces 45 1 17

Ablation was terminated during ablation of a right atrial septal tachy which was stopped when prolonged of the pr was noted.

I was cardio converted 4 times, the first 3@200 joules and the last at 300

Short runs of tachy, associated with aberrant conduction (wide QRS complex)

NP says pvc is normal and ekg is good. I’m waiting for my liver panel to come back because I’m on multaq. I don’t want AF during the blanking period so we made an agreement if the lab is high for me to stop Crestor and retake test. Same thing happened a few times with my past use of flecainide. Stopping Crestor returned my liver enzymes to normal. I can skip Crestor for a month or two.

I’m told to stop being a couch potato and start on my treadmill 5 minutes twice a day on the lowest level and work up and then go to cardio rehab after 3 months which I have a Rx anyway before the ablation to do. I feel good now. I walked today from dr office to pharmacy and from admissions (to confirm they have my insurance) to medical records for ablation report.

Great office, lady who drew blood was a vein whisperer. She can do it blindfolded.

I only had one AF the day of discharge and I feel good. Except for pvc’s which are annoying. I decided to take a Valium and they stopped. Anyway calm heart now and had a good follow up appointment. Return in 3 weeks unless liver enzymes are high to repeat lab.
Re: 2 week post ablation doctor visit.
October 03, 2019 12:42AM
susan.d
I’m told to stop being a couch potato and start on my treadmill 5 minutes twice a day on the lowest level and work up and then go to cardio rehab after 3 months which I have a Rx anyway before the ablation to do. I feel good now. I walked today from dr office to pharmacy and from admissions (to confirm they have my insurance) to medical records for ablation report.

This is great news and the important part!
October 03, 2019 02:00AM
Yes, Finally I am off the couch watching Netflix. However I fear I’ve become addicted to Russian movies. They are so good..Ohhh ‘nyet“! Hopefully back to normal routine soon.
October 03, 2019 01:53PM

I’m told to stop being a couch potato and start on my treadmill 5 minutes twice a day on the lowest level and work up and then go to cardio rehab after 3 months which I have a Rx anyway before the ablation to do.
I am doing cardiac rehab and really recommend it. The facility I am going to gives close medical supervision and is flexible to make the most suitable program for the individual. Those who are close to finishing their 3 month program all say how much it has helped them.
October 03, 2019 02:19PM
I have used the services of my local hospital's cardio rehab ten years ago. I also benefited from it. I had close medical supervision, individual exercise planning and they even did diet. I lost 67 pounds from their motivation and instruction. I was giving a Rx from my cardiologist in August after spending three days in cardio ICU. I am told yesterday I can start again after the three month blanking period and in the meantime I can gently start walking on my treadmill twice a day starting at 5 minutes each time and working it up so I can be conditioned when I start cardio rehab. I highly recommend it. I went three times a week for three months. I was hooked up to an ECG and they did a baseline HR before and after and taught me stretching exercises after a workout. It was having a personal trainer and my insurance picked up 80%.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login