Posted by susan.d 
Zantac recall
October 01, 2019 10:22PM
If you are on it:

[www.fiercepharma.com]
Re: Zantac recall
October 01, 2019 10:27PM
[www.google.com]

More details if you use it. Im curious why Prilosec wasn’t recalled as well because their helpline admits it causes cancer.
October 02, 2019 09:18AM
There hasn't been a recall of Zantac and associated medications in the USA yet. Most pharmacy chains have chosen to stop selling them.
October 02, 2019 12:00PM
I noticed Kroger had it on sale last week. I too thought it had been recalled.
October 02, 2019 01:26PM
Most individuals drink water that has a known carcinogen in it called TTHM. It is very expensive to filter out. TTHM,s are attached to H2O but release when the water is sanitzed with Chlorine.
My point is so many things contain carcinogens we are not aware of to most normal laymen. Drinking Bottle water does not necessarily mean that these Halogens have been removed because it takes a special carbon based filtration system to remove it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 11:08AM by smackman.
October 02, 2019 07:21PM
FDA now Involved

[www.fiercepharma.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 07:21PM by JoyWin.
October 02, 2019 11:20PM
I was drinking glazier water from Iceland. They claim it’s pure but I switched to electrolyte water which is probably harmful.
October 03, 2019 12:15AM
I can’t get brand name of Prilosec anymore since November 2017 when they stopped making Rx brand. I don’t do well with generic so I fly overseas and buy a year at a time of Losec.

Losec is being sold. I wonder if they are dumping because of zantac? I got 13 months stockpiled left.

[www.fiercepharma.com]
October 03, 2019 11:12AM
susan.d
I can’t get brand name of Prilosec anymore since November 2017 when they stopped making Rx brand. I don’t do well with generic so I fly overseas and buy a year at a time of Losec.

Losec is being sold. I wonder if they are dumping because of zantac? I got 13 months stockpiled left.

[www.fiercepharma.com]
You are saying OTC brand name Prilosec does not work the same as prescription Prilosec? I understand you are saying that there is no longer a rx brand Prilosec but there is a otc name brand Prilosec.
October 03, 2019 12:33PM
I happen to be very sensitive. I could take a blindfold test and the results remain the same. OTC tablet Prilosec does not help my GERD. Generic capsule drug for brand name Prilosec (it’s Omeprazole) doesn’t work. Only brand capsules of Prilosec that are no longer manufactured in the USA works for me. I tried. I’ve been in and out of hospital admissions since I was 18 months old. The last two in 2009 lasted three weeks (2 hospitals, 5 total CatScans) with a few days break before I was finally admitted to Cedars which straightened it out. Imagine childhood memories of only playing with Barbie dolls in pediatrics wards? I know my guts. Thus arriving at airport security 2-3 hours just to explain to security I was not exporting Prilosec (and Tenormin and a few other drugs) because I had a suitcase of 12 months (USA Rx for 12 months) supply. I have to be body searched more than one time each security inspector (supervisors) just so I can get my needed brand name drugs.

Tenormin I don’t need a blindfold test. Give me atenolol and see my ER vitals.

And by the way, I’m married to a pharmacist who agrees with me. OTC Prilosec has different formulated ingredients. Their coated surface may interfere with their effectiveness for me..maybe not you. Capsules for me absorb faster to neutralize my gastric acids. Tenormin brand vs genetic decision is a pharmaceutical issue of lack of strict temperature storage and distribution. Brand I know is from USA while genetic could be from a potluck of countries, some hot and tropical and not up to my standards (read Rx insert-keep stored between 68-76 degrees). That’s why I keep either my AC or heat running all year with 2 digital thermometers, inside my zipped thermo bag keeping the storage within range for full potency.

My other drugs I used to take I bought genetic and got from countries with better temperature storage. My son moved his family to Israel for a job and I trust Teva Pharma for my cardiac drugs. I’ve seen the plant. I order it in the spring when I visit and the pharmacist calls me when their temperature control truck arrives and I pick my year supplies of drugs and store in a room with either the AC or heat blasting until we fly home. Expensive but helps me.

Also airport security can be rough because although they say x-ray doesn’t harm the drugs, it does loose potency. We fly to Israel on the way back with up to 9 stops. If I didn’t have a letter stating my drugs have to be hand inspected and no X-ray, up to 9 airport xrays would further decrease its potency. I’m not saying much potency but I want the closest to full potency I can get. We visit Europe and I have to go through the same hassle at security with multiple body searches. Germany holds the record of three full body searches for one flight. I lost out in Moscow airport. Nyet, no, they refused and my drugs were X-ray. And I had a body search.

Hopefully travel and cost will be easier. I stop my cancer meds in two months, no more flecainide, no more water pill, I’m off blood pressure meds, and I got insurance ok for Crestor brand in USA. So Prilosec is the only drug I have to find outside of USA. Teva Pharma stop making their Rx in Jerusalem and I have to find out what country they outsource.

So long story short, yep, for me OTC Prilosec doesn’t work as well as the Rx brand version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login