Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inverted ecg waves, is this typical for the blanking period?

Posted by susan.d 
Inverted ecg waves, is this typical for the blanking period?
September 29, 2019 12:56AM
It’s not real AF, more like irregular NSR —it’s a 5-10 second run. What I getting tonight is off and on (couple an hour, more this last hour every 5-10 minutes) off my Apple Watch showing minimal artifact but instead of the QRS spikes upwards, it’s an irregular pattern of 1-3 upward and then 1 or 2 inverted pattern for about 30 seconds and then my heart calms down and the ecg shows a regular pattern..I had 5 of these in 3 hours plus more since I took my evening multaq.

Normal after an ablation ten days ago?

I wish I can upload and share a strip. I have to wait until Wednesday to see the NP who will take an ekg.

It’s calm compared to my AF and high HR tachy I had prior to my ablation. Other than that I’m ok. I’m just tired. Multaq side effects I ignore.

I ventured out to a store Monday and Thursday and got strong enough 7-8 angina standing. I didn’t drive or lifted anything. ...so I’m just a couch potato watching Netflix all day long. Or I walk outside to my pond and feed my fish and can sit for hours chilling out watching them swim and eat. Especially at night when the pond lights come on. It’s pretty relaxing. If I walk around I get angina. Is this from the burning healing process?
Re: Inverted ecg waves, is this typical for the blanking period?
September 29, 2019 02:19AM
Hello Susan. What our users have been doing is using Website like this called Postimage [postimages.org]
You upload a picture to that site, then insert a link to it in your post here.

I would try to get it uploaded, and/or forwarded to your Dr.
September 29, 2019 02:34AM
actually Kelley, Dr. Natale's NP emailed me ten minutes ago to say she didn't get my ECGs from the other day so I resent and she said they look ok...so its all good. Thanks Anti-Fib. Since 2004 I never got such funky ECGS. and they are coming every few minutes. I thought it was worth investigation
September 29, 2019 02:45AM
[i.postimg.cc]

its just funky. I would love to educate myself and figure out what type of ecg it is. What are these inverted waves called? I never had them before.
September 29, 2019 03:04AM
Carey is probably the best guy on this site for ECG interpretation. He is on the East Coast, so hopefully by tomorrow by 6-7 PST, he can give opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2019 05:07AM by The Anti-Fib.
September 29, 2019 11:23AM
They're not inverted; they're PVCs. Looks like you're having runs of PVCs in a bigeminal pattern. Chalk it up to typical post-ablation wonkiness.
September 29, 2019 02:01PM
Thanks Carey! I get them if I gulp water too quickly and 30-45 minutes after multaq. Other than that Dr. Natale so far has given me a calm heart...no complaints. I just would like to be able to take 10-15 minute walks without angina...so I’m a couch potato.
September 29, 2019 03:46PM
Angina is not normal. Following an ablation a bit of chest discomfort isn't unusual, but it's usually just a dull ache and only lasts a few days. It's also not usually provoked by exertion as you're describing. Have you mentioned this to your nurse contact?
September 29, 2019 08:52PM
I told Kelley, Natale NP about my angina. She suggested Advil. I’ve had angina since 1987 but always mild 2-3 which I always ignored. Small vessel disease.

I’ve only had 3 ER/hospitalized stays for angina, one heart lab test ..started with “t”, came back high...after father’s death, the remaining two after extreme physical activity (I.e 50 pound suitcase’s wheel broke off at U.K. airport and I had to drag it with an additional heavy carry on suitcase, lifting on and off 3 trains, dragging to hotel. Hotel had no elevator from street to reception. Wicked steps. That didn’t cause angina. Angina appeared an hour later when walking up two flights of stairs at a department store because I couldn’t find the elevator. BTW, UK ambulance is free as well as ER. I sat for 2+ hours trying to get the pain down and the department store called the ambulance after seeing me in pain. Maybe not extreme exercise to you, but that suitcase was too heavy to lift and drag. 3rd ER was for running up a hill 600 feet to catch a bus the day after chemo in the Middle East where it was hot and I was exhausted and dehydrated from the flight and two chemo drugs, Herceptin is known to be cardiac unfriendly.

So Thursday’s angina was from standing in a market for 30 minutes doing nothing. Nitro stopped the 7-8 pain quickly.

Thus my sharing my ECG. No pain today, vegetating on couch watching Netflix.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login