Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

has anyone tried CBD oil for afib?

Posted by Barbcat 
has anyone tried CBD oil for afib?
August 21, 2019 06:35AM
First...George....I wrote a late reply to you on the string "more on cyclical afib". nothing important, just a thank you, i thought you might miss bc the string is old.

I've been experimenting with CBD oil (containing no THC...which is the stony component). Studies are lacking bc it hasn't been legal until recently.
So far, it seems to stop many preliminary what I call "flibbers".....don't know the technical name for them, but they always happen before I get afib....days, hours or minutes before getting full-on afib.....a feeling of a presence there;;;;;that I don't feel when all is normal. The flibbers sometimes show up on my Kardia as unclassified, sometimes normal...but it looks kind of irregular, the tracing.

The CBD oil has stopped a lot of flibbers over the few weeks I've been using it. But eventually, days later, I end up getting afib...seems to be the cyclical thing.....when it needs to come, it comes. I wish I knew why it has that need, but i don't.

I'm hoping long term use of CBD may affect my afib more. Many people are having a lot of success with CBD oil for eplilepsy, especially for children,....even the FDA has approved a prescription for certain types of epilepsy which contains some form of cannabis....I don't know the details. It seems like afib might be a little like epilepsy....an out-of-control response in the body? Just a guess....

I have not used marijuana ( with THC) for over 40 years...I have no interest in that. Just looking for more things to try to help my afib. I can definitely feel that the oil relaxes me and helps me to sleep better.. I just use a drop or 2 of oil under the tongue.

Has anyone had any experience using CBD oil for afib? I can't find much of anything on the internet.related to afib and CBD....but there is some good info on CBD in general and we watched a very informative, professional documentary on it about a month ago......which is what made me think of trying it. CBD is legal in Portugal, where we are, but THC is not. CBD is legal in California, where we will be soon for a few months.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thank you! Barb:
Re: has anyone tried CBD oil for afib?
August 21, 2019 06:53AM
The other thing I forgot to mention is that when I have been in afib.....and have taken CBD oil to try to stop it..even when it doesn't completely work to stop the afib (sometimes it does).......it does often lowers my heart rate significantly, and / or my heart will often go back and forth....into afib and out of it (usually to "unclassified" not "normal") but a much lowered heart rate....even sometimes in the 70's. This lowered heart rate while in afib...or going in and out of afib...never happened before taking the CBD oil.

My usual resting heart rate has been in the 60's (getting into the 50's sometimes now with the CBD) and my afibs usually range from around 115 to 130.....rarely but occasionally up to 150.
So just the CBD action of lowering my heart rate sometimes when in afib, seems good.......
Re: has anyone tried CBD oil for afib?
August 22, 2019 11:43PM
Coincidentally, a close friend just reported to me this past weekend that CBD is helping her sleep better... using only a drop like you, B.

/L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login