Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stomach issues 2 years post-ablation - any connection?

Posted by DavrosT 
Stomach issues 2 years post-ablation - any connection?
August 20, 2019 06:33AM
Hi guys, I'll keep it short - has anybody else suffered with IBS like symptoms (but often quite severe) post-ablation?

When I say 'post ablation', I'm now 2 years down the road, but my issues have been going now since last February and seem to be getting worse. I've been scoped, had manometry and currently take 20mg omeprazole daily but I have really had to alter my diet and I'm increasingly feeling like the two are somehow connected. How? I've no idea. But prior to ablation I had an iron stomach, could literally eat anything in large amounts. Since ablation I've had to change my diet and reduce how much I eat because my stomach struggles to handle it. Another wonderful byproduct is that if I do overeat or indulge, I get a bout of awful bloating that kicks off ectopics. This is 100% something that has only occurred post-ablation. If you hadn't already guessed it, I'm kinda regretting the ablation a lot at times.
Re: Stomach issues 2 years post-ablation - any connection?
August 20, 2019 01:06PM
I've no suggestion for you, since I'm suffering from the same kind of phenomenon ; but I'm pretty sure PPI drugs can make things worse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login