Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bloating and Pacs UPDATE

Posted by johnnyS 
Bloating and Pacs UPDATE
August 07, 2019 10:36PM
This may not be of importance to those with afib or ablated folks but to those with any stomach issues, bloating or just pacs, you might want to try my approach. I’m extremely happy to report that I have gotten to the bottom of my problem, which some of you know by now started over 18 months ago. At first I thought it was a genetic link, which predisposed me from my dad who at 71 had a stroke and later had diagnosed afib.

One day after a large espresso I had pacs or pvcs, couldn’t tell at the time and went to ER and they did ecg and sent me home with beta blockers, which I refused to take. I spent thousands of dollars on tests and blood work, echo, stress tests, holter, thyroid, testorone, renal, alderstone, etc. All normal except low Vitamin D and B-12. I was told to accept this as a genetically related issue and move on but I couldn’t figure out why this early at 37, and why the stomach issue was related?

By now, I had seen three cardiologists, two EP’s and few local experts in heart conditions. None of them had any suggestions other than antiarrhythmics. Anyway pretty soon I figured out that there was an issue with my diet and pacs, which followed sometimes for hours. At worst I would say there were 50-100 pacs a day. Kardia and apple watch helped me tremendously but also caused more anxiety as I became obsessed with every single palpitation in my chest. I lost over 100k in savings, my job, my business, and neglected my kids as I couldn’t rest or beat this awful beast in my chest. I taped my mouth during sleep to avoid OSA, slept on my left side, consumed large quantities of cranberries daily, avoided any meals outside of home, stayed active and lived miserably day after day for more than a year as I was just waiting to get afib and do the ablation, because I couldn’t live with this annoying fear of stroke or constant reminder of afib.

I also changed my diet and drastically lowered my salt intake and got on supplements especially high dosages of magnesium and things improved. I began fasting daily and then had a few episodes of brief tachy and couldn’t figure out why, as I never had it before being so hyper and self-aware. I reintroduced salt back into my diet and decreased magnesium after an excellent EXATEST report and every now and then I would have a bad day especially after eating late or something containing carbs.

In May of this year both my wife and I got diagnosed with H Pylori and her issue was sharp pain around chest area and I thought it had to be food related since her diet was as healthy as mine but noticed that after food we both had some discomfort. I ended up doing an endoscopy and was told that I had both inflamed esophagus and stomach. This was news to me as my diet consisted of spinach, kale, fish, and coconut water for over a year. I thought for sure no bacteria could survive on that kind of diet, but go figure. So off we go with antibiotics and two weeks later my wife was still stool positive after her first treatment, I was too but I treated it by taking mastic gum. Every time I took the antibiotics and ppi I had an instant increase in heart rate and more frequent pacs, so stopped taking it. Anyway, during this time I was 100% convinced that it was all H Pylori causing pacs and a host of other pathogens in my stomach as a result of bacteria overgrowth. I went for over 2 weeks of quiet heart and this was the first break in 18 months were I wasn’t daily obsessing on every beat or runs of pacs, simply by taking mastic gum. Then they briefly came back but this time only about 5 a day, so something was different. I visited a friend overseas who’s a naturopath who advised me to think of this as a tactical strike, don’t give the H Pylori time to adapt, after all this bacteria and many others in your stomach are resistant to antibiotics. Told me to look into unrefined organic coconut oil, MCT, colostrum, monolaurin and curcumin. I read plenty of literature and studies and was amazed that so much has been cured or treated with these natural ingredients. So I started this protocol taking them all daily and almost two months have passed and I have been free from all pacs, not even a single thud a day, and my holter test confirmed this. If you have any discomfort after eating or daily bloating with palpitations you most likely have some bacterial overgrowth in your stomach or esophagus and its causing inflammation and infection areas which will ultimately lead to more issues if not treated.

Thank you all, for taking the time, sharing your experiences and expertise, especially Shannon, Carey, and George.
Re: Bloating and Pacs UPDATE
August 08, 2019 12:16AM
Interesting report. Thanks for this.
What is MCT?
August 08, 2019 12:25AM
MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides. It has many antibacterial properties in addition to being vital for energy via ketones, see link for more info if you're interested.

[perfectketo.com]
August 08, 2019 01:23AM
Thanks for the link !
HBK
August 08, 2019 08:50AM
Johnny thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear you had to go to such a nightmare but that's amazing you got to the bottom of it..

I'm 52 days post ablation and dealing with pacs too. Maybe it's just part of the recover (inflamation from the albation).

But, I've become a bit paranoid about my stomach as well. I was on Lanzaprazole for about 10 days following the ablation. Was supposed to do 60 days....but I had extreme diarrhea like I've never had in my life. 20 times a day to the bathroom for 2 days. Then after that I didn't have a bowel movement for a week.

Now lately I've been feeling some pressure below my sternum after I eat and my appetite is much less.

Weird for me because I normally have an iron stomach. No other health issues that I know of besides afib and allergies. I'm 40

I've got an appointment with a gastro doc at the end of the month.

Can you list out the dosages of your supplement regime and where you bought them? Also, have you stopped now that you are better or do you continue?
August 08, 2019 02:56PM
HBK, not sure how it would apply in your case since you've been ablated and from what I read its a common thing to have some stomach issues for short period of time, so maybe do an endoscopy first and see what's going on before you start anything. I stick with reputable brands of supplements like: Jarrow Formula, NOW, Solaray, and AlleryResearchGroup, make sure its made in USA.

I took these over a month three times a day and now only take it once in the morning to keep gut healthy.

Monolaurin 3000mg

Colostrum 3000mg

Mastic Gum 3000mg

Curcumin 3000mg

Glutamin 3000mg
HBK
August 08, 2019 04:24PM
JohnnyS, thanks. Clipping this and putting it in my notes! Will wait for the endoscopy first
August 08, 2019 07:19PM
Forgot to mention that I also take three tablespoons of organic coconut oil and MCT oil both from Costco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2019 07:19PM by johnnyS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login