Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New KardiaMobile 6L.

Posted by johnnyS 
New KardiaMobile 6L.
August 05, 2019 06:31PM
Here is the new Kardia 6 lead sample I took today, had it for few weeks and they sent me a free case since I ordered it awhile ago. It is been much more accurate and stable in terms of readings.Better built for sure and I would definitely would spend the extra $50 and get this model over the original Kardia model, which is $99. See screenshots of the readings below.

[postimg.cc]

More info below

[www.alivecor.com]
Re: New KardiaMobile 6L.
August 06, 2019 11:20PM
Yes, it is a remarkable improvement. It uses Bluetooth as opposed to the microphone. If you were an original adopter of the Kardia, the app will still let you keep recordings for free.
August 06, 2019 11:39PM
Actually I don't have an early adopter plan but I do get to keep all of the recordings on my phone. If you opt for the $10 paid plan then you get the cloud storage as opposed to storing them on your phone and. Other than that no real advantages over the free option so not worth it in my opinion.
August 07, 2019 12:25AM
Looks interesting, but I wonder if a "6-lead" tracing one gets this way is much more informative than a single lead one. For arrhythmias, a good 1-lead recording is maybe enough...
But if the device can be used like the old model, with only 2 sensors (sometimes, in a hurry, it's the easiest way to take an ECG), there's no problem.
August 07, 2019 08:46AM
There was a review of the Sonohealth ECG product on Travis' site I linked here; <[www.afibbers.org]

I haven't used it, but it looks interesting: <[sonohealth.org]
August 07, 2019 11:31AM
Pompon
Looks interesting, but I wonder if a "6-lead" tracing one gets this way is much more informative than a single lead one. For arrhythmias, a good 1-lead recording is maybe enough...

A single lead often is sufficient, but it's a blunt instrument and only tells you there's some sort of arrhythmia. The additional leads should allow other arrhythmias to be identified. For example, flutter can't be distinguished from other SVTs with only lead I, but it should be identifiable with leads II, III and aVF. Ditto with multifocal atrial tachycardia. I think it'll be useful to some people but I doubt most need it.
New KardiaMobile 6L.
August 10, 2019 10:27PM
Anyone have problems getting the 6L to work with an iPad? Mine works fine with my iPhone but won’t connect to my iPad. It’s got to be the darn Bluetooth connection. It’s like a Catholic marriage. What God has done may no man undo...

And I’m Catholic! grinning smiley
August 10, 2019 11:15PM
Wow! That's a pretty slick item. May have to look into getting one.
August 11, 2019 10:51AM
Thanks, Carey. I don't doubt there are more informations in 6-lead ECGs... I was wondering if a 6-lead tracing recorded with such device was really worth it. Are the results really good enough captured this way ?
Lead2 is easy to record with the older model, if one wants to...
August 11, 2019 12:19PM
I don't know how useful the 6L will be in real life. My suspicion is it's mainly a cool gadget and won't add much diagnostic value for most people, but I can definitely see it answering the question of whether it's afib or flutter, which is a question that gets asked a lot.

And I might buy it myself just to have a cool gadget. :-)
August 11, 2019 02:36PM
Yeah. It's cool. Should we only buy very serious things, life would not be the same...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login