Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

short episodes tachy post ablation

Posted by Josephkroussell 
short episodes tachy post ablation
August 03, 2019 03:45PM
Hi all

I'm about 14 months out after my second ablation with Dr Natale (April 2018). About 4 months ago had a bad bout of ectopics and went back on 50 mg flec bid and atenolol. Ectopics have been pretty quite since. however, last couple of weeks, been getting some brief episodes of tachy. Some episodes lasting no more than 20 secs most lasting around 10 secs. Dr Natale told me after the last ablation that there were some potentials around the coronary sinus that he couldn't be as aggressive as he would like to be. Just wondering if this is where the tachy is coming from and/or should I be concerned that this is an indication of a breafthrough on the horizon (maybe the fact that the tachy breaks off after such a short period it's evident that the Dr ablation lines are working!?). thanks for any input!
Re: short episodes tachy post ablation
August 03, 2019 04:14PM
I’ve been told that anything less than 30 seconds is not a concern. Those of us who have dealt with Afib are just so much more in tune with every beat of our hearts. Try not to worry about it because that is no help. Be grateful that is resolved itself before it becomes something. I know that is easier said than done.
August 03, 2019 08:23PM
Miss Sunshine summed it up nicely. Your episodes are too short to be considered treatable arrhythmias.

Are they harbingers of afib in your future? Probably not but obviously none of us has a crystal ball. A late recurrence of afib 14+ months after an ablation is unusual. Once you reach that one year point, it's generally considered that your ablation was successful. Yeah, you went on flec at 10 months, but that was for ectopics, not sustained afib. I think the most likely result of stopping the flec would be maybe more ectopics but not sustained arrhythmia.

Do you have a Kardia, Apple Watch, or anything like that? If not you might want to consider buying one. Those bouts of tachycardia might not be afib at all. It would be helpful to capture a picture of them, but since they're so short a Kardia isn't going to work well. You'd have to go with Apple Watch. Or you could just say 'to hell with it' and ignore it until it becomes something that can be treated. That's not such a bad option.
August 03, 2019 09:37PM
Carey
Do you have a Kardia, Apple Watch, or anything like that? If not you might want to consider buying one. Those bouts of tachycardia might not be afib at all. It would be helpful to capture a picture of them, but since they're so short a Kardia isn't going to work well. You'd have to go with Apple Watch. Or you could just say 'to hell with it' and ignore it until it becomes something that can be treated. That's not such a bad option.

A person posted this on Travis' website as an alternative to a Kardia (without ongoing fee): <[www.livingwithatrialfibrillation.com] It is like the first comment.

"Koos du Preez
Jun 14, 2019
Travis – I wanted to drop you a note and let you know after my first comments on reading your Kardia review, I stopped using this product due to its limitations and restrictions.

I recently started using a SonoHealth product that I find MUCH MUCH superior to Kardia..

The SonoHealth can monitor and record your EKG WITHOUT a phone and has a color screen and rechargable battery.. it also supports many more diagnostic features.

Additionally you can simulate a much higher number of leads than just on on the fingers.

SonoHealth also does NOT restrict you on the app like Kardia.. The Kardia “basic” app does NOT allow you to keep ANY recordings in the app without paying them $30 subscription fee…

SonoHealth keeps infinite recordings… I recently dealt with theair customer care on the app and they were SUPER responsive and helped me instantly..

In short – I would skIp Kardia’s bait-n-switch scam and rather go for something like a SonoHealth product…?
August 04, 2019 01:57AM
SonoHealth device looks like the Contec PM10.
Here's a link to an interesting comparative test of single lead ECG devices :
Link
August 04, 2019 11:59AM
I agree that the Kardia retention policy is unreasonable and severely limits the usefulness of the device. I was an early adopter and when I first got it you could store unlimited recordings at no charge. You only paid a fee if you wanted a recording reviewed. Lucky for me and others who bought at that time, when they changed policies they gave us free lifetime premium memberships. Not really sure but I think the change occurred sometime in late 2015 or 2016.

Does anyone know offhand if the Apple Watch allows you to store recordings without a fee?
August 04, 2019 02:51PM
Yes Carey, Apple Watch has all your recordings stored on health app and there aren’t any limitations as to what you do with it, including emailing or sharing the data. Forgot to mention that there aren’t any fees.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2019 02:53PM by johnnyS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login