Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vagal Induced Ectopy and AFIB

Posted by The Anti-Fib 
Vagal Induced Ectopy and AFIB
July 30, 2019 08:19AM
I am not new to AFIB, as many of you know, but my AFIB has recently changed in the last 6 months to being Vagaly Mediated. I get PAC's and some hard beats when I lay down at night, or right after exercise, but I never go in AFIB while sleeping. I am getting AFIB, after eating or drinking iced, cold beverages too fast, or frozen foods, or because of indigestion.

I have heard that Beta-Blockers are not recommended for Vagal AFIB, what about Diltiazem?
Anyone currently using Norpace? I read that it is good for Vagal AFIB, but it's use has declined in recent years.
What about alternative Vagalytics? I have some Ginger Root but have only used it several times, I seem to be doing fine, then just because I drink or eat something cold, Bam!, I am in AFIB.
Re: Vagal Induced Ectopy and AFIB
July 30, 2019 12:07PM
I've no suggestion to give you, but what you describe is nearly the same as I'm experiencing.
Are your ectopics and afib very frequent ? And do they last long ?
July 30, 2019 03:37PM
The Ectopy has been daily, PAC's every 3rd or 4th beat, goes on for hours. Getting back up and going for a little walk, or moving around helps.
July 30, 2019 04:52PM
Yeah, I have to say, this could've been written by me. But it wasn't so I won't make your thread about me!

All I'll tell you is that mine have been changing over the past 6 months, to the point that I've barely slept in months because I'm getting really bad night time ectopics. They don't come in as frequently as you're describing but they are dramatic, like 'BANG' in my chest and wake me up. I couldn't say if they're happening throughout the night but they're definitely disrupting me getting asleep.

I haven't had trouble sleeping on my back or sides before but now I can barely lie on right or left because they just start immediately. I suspect I have a sleep apnoea issue too though, and I know that can cause issues with ectopics.

I'm wracking my brain trying to think why it's happening now, as while I've always been vagally stimulated, since my ablation, it's gotten worse in the past 6-9 months. I have a lot of new health issues and digestive issues now too, and everything seems to kick it off. Hence my own topic about the right amounts of Mg, taurine and arginine to supplement daily.
Sam
July 31, 2019 04:49AM
One of the first things I did for Afib was to stop eating or drinking anything cold. I didn't find it difficult to do.
July 31, 2019 05:13AM
The Anti-Fib
The Ectopy has been daily, PAC's every 3rd or 4th beat, goes on for hours. Getting back up and going for a little walk, or moving around helps.

I may have ectopics after meal. Moving around gently or having a quiet walk helps a lot, as you say.
I avoid laying down or even sitting on a sofa while digesting.
I may have ectopics after exercice or work.
Cold drinks do nothing for me.
July 31, 2019 05:51AM
Regarding the Norpace Anti-Arrythmic Drug, I looked at the article which has the "Black Box" warning.
[www.pdr.net]

Here is a relevant exerpt:
"Considering the known proarrhythmic properties of disopyramide and the lack of evidence of improved survival for antiarrhythmic drugs in patients without life-threatening arrhythmias, the use of disopyramide should be reserved for patients with life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias."

This is why We don't hear of it being used very much.
I am also reading in some places, that Flecainde is a good choice for Vagal AFIB, but Flecainide must be taken with a Beta-Blocker or Calcium Channel Blocker with are not recommended for Vagal AFIB.
July 31, 2019 06:24AM
The Anti-Fib
that Flecainde is a good choice for Vagal AFIB, but Flecainide must be taken with a Beta-Blocker or Calcium Channel Blocker with are not recommended for Vagal AFIB.

When I take Flecainide as PIP I don't take any Beta-Blocker or Calcium Channel Blocker.
As soon as I notice I am in afib I take 100mgs Flecainide, wait 20 minutes, take another 100mgs, then 20 minutes later the other 100mgs. Thats 300mgs over the hour.
I don't need to take it much these day as with the help of Natto I am getting few afib events.

Have you considered taking Natto, it may help your gut problems, every gram has one billion probiotics among other good stuff.
[draxe.com]
July 31, 2019 10:21AM
The staggered PIP dosage is smart, that way you don't get as much of a potentially dangerous spike in blood levels.
I do take Natto for about 4 months. I think my problems got worse when I started using more Diltiazem and Bystolic for High Blood Pressure.
August 01, 2019 09:24AM
Is anyone using Ginger Root as a Vagolytic on a regular basis? Does it interfere other Cardiac Drugs you are taking like Flecainide, or other Anti-Arrythmics? All of the AAD have Beta-Blocker properties in them, except for Flecainide, and your supposed to to take a BB with the Flec. I am wondering if someone has Vagal AFIB, that they are better off not taking the AAD's.
August 24, 2019 07:19PM
Hey there, Colindo.

Which natto product are you taking? Where do you get?

Thinking about adding it to my supplement list.

Thanks.

/L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login