Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bloating and Pacs

Posted by johnnyS 
Bloating and Pacs
June 11, 2019 10:03PM
Just an update, for all of those with any discomfort or bloating after eating followed by pacs. Get tested for h pylori. After more than a year of searching for answers and causes for my pacs I have found that I have H pylori confirmed by endoscopy and also stool test. Plenty of info out there about h pylori and it is estimated that up to 75% of people are infected, however most don't have many symptoms. Malabsorption is a big one, especially low iron, vitamin D, B-12, which I previously had. Most however have bloating, indigestion, low acid which causes issues over time, especially if you take PPI. Not finding much data on pacs and h pylori connection but I basically think that the inflammation of your esophagus and stomach is the root cause. After all, if inflammation can cause afib then why wouldn't it cause pacs? There are also few studies that show h pylori and afib as an underlying cause given the inflammation. As far as treating the h pylori its difficult to eradicate but you can control the infection and the numbers. I refused the standard protocol of antibiotics and PPI since I tried to take them three times now and each time I get a whole day of pacs. Doctor said it was omeprazole but I think she has no idea honestly. So instead I am dealing with the inflammation and trying to control it the natural way with cranberries, dgl, vitamin C, olive oil, fish oil, etc. Im not taking anymore any magnesium since my great exatest results. So far, pacs completely diminish as long as I control the inflammation with 8 ounces of organic cranberries daily. I know of another person on this forum using cranberries to keep his afib in remission, so that's interesting. Studies show that cranberries control inflammation and actually kill three strains of h pylori so I'm happy about that and ill continue to see if I can eradicate this infection naturally. Hope this helps someone.

John
Re: Bloating and Pacs
June 12, 2019 12:15AM
I agree with you. I'm still experiencing such symptoms (ectopics and bloating after meal). And some stomach reflux, but without burning sensation.
They said I'm okay, but with a weak LE valve. No h. pylori. They gave me PPI but I've stopped taking it a long time ago.
Since having been ablated for PAF, I've lots of ectopics. It's logical, IMO, as PACS now don't turn to afib as easily as before. Before being ablated, I never had ectopics. It was PAF at once. Now I may have a couple hours of ectopics, often in bigemini form, while digesting.
I'm taking cranberries for years ( tablet form), it's an advice from my urologist, and I'm fine by this side. I've read about cranberries for what you describe, but I've never tried increasing the recommended dose (1 tablet with breakfast). Maybe something to try...
Thanks for your post.
June 13, 2019 02:25AM
JohnnyS, I was the same as you with GERD issues and on PPI's (omeprazole) for many years. I started eating the fermented soy, natto food (NOT Nattokinase the supplement) in 2005 after reading Jackie's research and it totally cured my GERD so I stopped the PPI's completely.

The Bascillus Subtillus bacteria in the natto food also reduces H Pylori. There is five unusual antibiotics in natto food.

[aac.asm.org]

Another afibber, “Colindo” (Colin) also eats natto food and is now 8 months afib free.
Natto food also contains the enzyme Nattokinase that helps reduces blood clots and has the highest amount of Vit. K of any food.

To help control your PAC' s, Natto food is high in the phytoestrogen Genistein. Genistein is a Tryosine Kinase Inhibitor that down regulates the ion channels (K, Na, Mg) in the cardio myocytes. Researchers are investigating Genistein as a possible antiarythmic. There is a heap of info on Genistein in the PubMed database

Dry roasted soy beans are also the highest source of Genistein so may also be beneficial for PAC's if you don't like natto food.

FYI Here's is another natto study.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Dean
June 13, 2019 10:42AM
Dean, thanks for the info, I wouldn’t mind trying it especially for the pylori, but where would one find natto and I assume it has to be Japanese import?
June 13, 2019 02:33PM
johnnyS
Dean, thanks for the info, I wouldn’t mind trying it especially for the pylori, but where would one find natto and I assume it has to be Japanese import?

Available in my area at a Japanese market, in the frozen section. They come in ~50g containers, 3 or 4 wrapped together. You can also ferment your own and order starter over the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2019 02:33PM by GeorgeN.
June 13, 2019 03:31PM
Hi Johnny - from the archives here, you may also be interested in this report by Sharon Glass, who cured her AF by eliminating the H. pylori factor.... [www.afibbers.org]

Jackie
June 13, 2019 07:39PM
I wince at the word "cured." That's not a claim Shannon and I want to see used here unless it comes backed with solid evidence published in peer reviewed journals. After all, that was 10 years ago and for all we know her afib is back now. How about she put her afib into remission or she greatly reduced episodes?
June 13, 2019 10:02PM
Cranberry fans might find this article interesting:

Cranberry Compounds Help Prevent Antibiotic Resistance

--Lance
June 13, 2019 10:49PM
Thank you all for your help, honestly I just want to find a way to reduce the ectopics while I deal with H pylori. I tried mastic gum for two months and it worked great, no stomach issues and no pacs, but when I stopped taking it, all came back and still tested positive, so now im willing to try anything except the antibiotics and ppi protocol. I guess did anyone this forum recently treat or kill h pylori naturally? There doesn't seem to be much data out there supporting anything but the standard protocol. When my wife got tested 2 months ago she took the 14 day antibiotics and ppi and tested positive again and now GI recommends taking the antibiotics again, but the pain and diarrhea are non stop in her case and she feels miserable. My case is only bloating, burping and pacs so maybe it isn't that bad other than thinking about afib all the time.
June 14, 2019 12:55AM
Johnny, Bismuth has been shown to kill H. Pylori.

Bismuth and the Eradication of H. Pylori

Bismuth and H. Pylori

The best and most convenient way to get bismuth is by using Pepto Bismol, which is available without a prescription at most drug stores.

Pepto Bismol and H. Pylori
June 18, 2019 11:26AM
johnnyS
Thank you all for your help, honestly I just want to find a way to reduce the ectopics while I deal with H pylori. I tried mastic gum for two months and it worked great, no stomach issues and no pacs, but when I stopped taking it, all came back and still tested positive, so now im willing to try anything except the antibiotics and ppi protocol. I guess did anyone this forum recently treat or kill h pylori naturally? There doesn't seem to be much data out there supporting anything but the standard protocol. When my wife got tested 2 months ago she took the 14 day antibiotics and ppi and tested positive again and now GI recommends taking the antibiotics again, but the pain and diarrhea are non stop in her case and she feels miserable. My case is only bloating, burping and pacs so maybe it isn't that bad other than thinking about afib all the time.

I looked at H pylori 15 years ago, when afib started with me. I tested negative so haven't paid as much attention recently. I do recall reading that a) it is very prevalent in much of the world and 2) it can have some benefit. In fact what you want is not so much zero H pylori, but to have it where it isn't dominant. So your mastic gum (or something like this) on an ongoing basis, may be an optimal strategy (rather than completely wiping it out). With so much time gone by since I read this, I unfortunately don't have a reference.

George
June 18, 2019 03:04PM
Thank you all once again, doing better lately but some new symptoms showing up. Happened twice in a week where positional 3-4 skipped pacs occur then short run of fast beats, Kardia and Apple Watch shows normal. think it’s non sustained atrial tachy and I don’t know what could be causing it other than the die off symptoms from h pylori but who knows honestly.
June 20, 2019 01:08PM
johnnyS
Thank you all once again, doing better lately but some new symptoms showing up. Happened twice in a week where positional 3-4 skipped pacs occur then short run of fast beats, Kardia and Apple Watch shows normal. think it’s non sustained atrial tachy and I don’t know what could be causing it other than the die off symptoms from h pylori but who knows honestly.

You might be interested in this from the archives: [www.afibbers.org] a woman's journey with H pylori & afib.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login